7.2 Inch android stylus notetaker -Huawei Mate 20X

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by kneehowguys, Dec 8, 2018.

1. zendragon

zendragon Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow, how did I miss that? Thanks for the input! Sounds like a great device overall.

2. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been using this combination for a while. It's okay... My biggest frustration is how often the pen needs to be charged. I can barely go 3 days of decent use and far less than a week of standby. Missing Galaxy note EMR but love the size.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

paprikaleapt likes this.
  3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

How's the behaviour? Accuracy? Wobbling with slow diagonal strokes? Pressure sensitivity?

4. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

It's over, Anakin.

All jump on the ipad mini 5 bandwagon and get gigantic pockets.

Ah wait, but huawei mate 20 X can still be used as a phone and ipad mini 5 can't?

djas likes this.
  5. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

If Samsung brought back their old 8 inch tablet with EMR stylus in silo, it would be amazing.

Imagine it with modern speed, a beautiful screen, and long battery life. And delicious EMR.

I'm guessing that their smartphone profit margins are so much better so they are balls deep in to the 6.3 -6.4 inch notetaking phone which is too tall and skinny to be a good notetaker for some.

Apple is able to hit that 399$ pricepoint for the eight inch ipad mini 5 (with options up to like 820$ if you fully spec it out + 4G LTE+ get pen) and I think they were able to hit that price by basically not doing any physical redesign.

Samsung's only current 8 inch stylus tablet is a rugged low res, underpowered, slightly heavier than expected tablet geared at businesses. I guess they abandoned the consumer market? I

Since I doubt that huawei will ever invest in a silo, I wonder what the next best solution is. Maybe that apple style "stick the pen into the hole of the phone" except then you couldn't charge the phone. There is probably some elegant solution for the pen battery life

jvloyola and thierryb like this.
  6. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I just read that Samsung is doing a new 8" version of TAB A with S pen:

https://liliputing.com/2019/03/sams...s-with-an-s-pen-may-be-coming-soon-leaks.html

paprikaleapt and nnthemperor like this.
  7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

They'll be great, but with all the nice things been said about the iPad mini 5 and superior office apps on iOS, add that Samsung's penchant for overpricing their devices, and my excitement is very much tempered.
    I guess we'll see.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

paprikaleapt likes this.
  8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I have to be honest. Given the choice between new iPad Mini and the new 8" TAB A Plus, I would have to choose the iPad for the simple fact that Clip Studio Paint is better than anything available on Android. I would put up with with the iOS lack of file system and stupid Apple prices just for that reason.

Starlight5 and nnthemperor like this.
  9. djas

djas Graffiti User

My local telco has an ongoing promotion for this phone & I'm out of contract for my current line. That it support active digitiser is so tempting. Has not owned any other Android phones/tablets except Samsung Notes & I love Air Command. I need to check this out before my flight to Tokyo this Saturday.

2019-03-28 13.49.57.jpg

10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Just make sure that you get one that covers Japanese bands. You can pick up a contact with OCN or similar VNO with 7 GB/month for something like $40. But if the phone doesn't support Japanese bandwidth, thus you need to know which operator the VNO is running under. As an example, OCN runs on Docomo's network.

nnthemperor likes this.