64-bit download?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by craigt, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigt

craigt Pen Pal - Newbie

Except that the RC coming out in May (hopefully) will last a year (hopefully) and be installable as an upgrade to the Beta (hopefully). That's a lot of hoping, so we'll see.
    For me it's down to Win 7 and Ubuntu. If MS can do more for me than Linux by the time I have to actually pay for an OS then they'll get my business.

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

You are completely off Newsposter.

All windows 7 builds after 7000 can be upgraded to the final (supposedly) and the RC builds expire in 2010.

3. craigt

craigt Pen Pal - Newbie

That's too bad. I had hoped that the 7000 build would upgrade to the RC, but it's no big deal for me. I'm just traveling from the US to China and want to install something fresh that I won't mind wiping when I get back. I figure the Win 7 beta has all the tablet features I want, along with Evernote and Skype. If the RC comes out before I go that's all the better. I might be able to use it until 2010, after which I can decide if it's worth using over Linux.

4. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

What i meant is all builds past 7000 (7022,2048,7057,7068, and 7070*) can be upgraded STRAIGHT to the final retail edition. It should be possible to use the upgrade feature to go straight from another build to the RC.

* build 7070 was compiled march 24th, but still remains to be seen publicly.

5. craigt

craigt Pen Pal - Newbie

Sounds good. Thanks, kpvic.

I've only seen 7000. Are the subsequent builds (short of 7070) just upgrades that MS update will install once I get 7000 installed?

6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

no the builds after 7000 are internal microsoft builds and releases to OEM's.

7. craigt

craigt Pen Pal - Newbie

I see. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.