64-bit download?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by craigt, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigt

craigt Pen Pal - Newbie

I got a Win 7 Beta key when they were released to the public awhile back, but would now like to install the 64-bit version on a new hard drive to try it out as my primary OS for a bit. Is there anywhere to get a copy? I know I downloaded it when it was released, but I must have deleted the ISO since.

While I have no moral issues with getting it off the torrents I do worry about legal issues. Is that something I should be wary of with the Beta?

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Well MS isn't too fond of torrents for their beta's they've issued take down notices to Chris Pirillo and other industry insiders in the past who posted links to torrents of the beta's.

The license of their software, allows you to make one copy for personal backup and it doesn't allow for sharing/distributing that copy so that brings the torrents into direct violation of the licensing agreement, and you in turn if you choose to you would be taking the repercussions of that.

Windows 7 Beta License Agreement

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Rumor has it that there is a new RC download coming in May.

4. craigt

craigt Pen Pal - Newbie

I saw that about the RC. It's too bad I can't get another copy of what I downloaded and have a code for legitimately. I'll keep looking in my old backups to see if it turns up.

Thanks.

5. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

I thought i heard mid to late April at the very latest?

6. DRTigerlilly

7. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Thanks Drtigerlilly. For all we know, it could be sooner though. Microsoft seems to be way ahead of the game, and there are always the unofficial leaks. Build 7000 was out almost a week before the public release.

8. Draven

Draven Pen Pal - Newbie

From what I've seen there are actually only a couple of different Win7 beta keys that are just recycled over and over. For example if installed Win7 64bit build 705x on both my tablet and my desktop, and both have authenticated successfully and I haven't been errored from anything involving it.

9. DRTigerlilly

with the beta license you are allowed to install the key on a number of machines specified in the beta information i don't think it has anything to do w/ recycled keys.

10. newsposter

newsposter E295C + a pile of gadgets

Win7 betas = yawn.

The all expire in August and are non-upgradeable. Non-upgradeable means that the 'real' release of Win7 will require a scrub/reformat of your hard drives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.