1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

6 Cell Vs. 8 Cell Battery

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by archlou, Jul 29, 2008.

1. archlou

archlou Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all -

I purchased a pre-built hp tx2500, which came with a 6 cell battery. I was wondering if it was worth my money to purchase an 8 cell battery....and use the 6 cell as a backup.....does anyone know how long the batteries will hold a charge without use?

thanks
  2. atom

atom Pen Pro - Atomic Member

about 25ish% more battery life. (Take what you get on average and increase by 20% - 25%)
  3. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

If you're getting a second battery it may as well be the 8 cell. I'd do that rather than another 6 cell. In balanced mode the 8 cell will give you almost another hour of run time.

Gordon
  4. acrid_quiddity

acrid_quiddity Pen Pal - Newbie

From what I've read, it looks like they already HAVE the 6-cell, and are wondering if they should get an 8-cell too.

It depends on how often you would use the tablet on batteries though. Is the extra time worth the money?

Personally, I think having a back-up would be good, but the batteries really aren't cheap.
  5. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

That's why I said "another 6 cell".

I still get the 8 cell. That way you have a choice if you only want to take one battery for the day. And it's best to have too much, not to little battery life as far as I'm concerned.

just my 0.02

Gordon
  6. mrb835

mrb835 Pen Pal - Newbie

Better to have to much than to little. Go with the 8-cell battery.