6.91g of ram available out of 8g

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by herukuti, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herukuti

herukuti Pen Pal - Newbie

windows7 seems slower than vista in regard to human interaction with the user interface, in vista if i made control panel a menu it would come up near instantly.in win 7 i am not using the full amount of installed ram, but would win 7 tell me the amount of ram i have available for use before or after it has made its allocations.

why does windows 7 load for mundane interaction with the interface?is this a 64 bit os issue and a lack of proper implementation to human interaction with gui, or are there options that make w7 as snappy as vista/xp?

is there some way i can allocate the other 5-6oo megs of ram than is unavailable? and doubting this will change how fast tables and columns load within w7 jumpboard, are there non registry tweaks or occultic options im missing that makes the experience feel like its less of an action of user interface and more that of computer compiling?

please reply if im not the only person who finds 64b optimization at the detriment of the user by means of the creator.this is kinda slow and pretty and not fast efficient.

2. nathanbarlow

nathanbarlow Pen Pal - Newbie

some of the ram will be held back for the onboard gfx card to utilise... plus remember 8gb =/=8000mb...

3. dgitalchaos

dgitalchaos Guest

Weird, mine says 7.8GB available. Mine is snappy as can be, but one of your RAM modules may be bad causing your system to be slow. Also, try uninstalling the HP program that checks for updates, since that program slows your system by a rather noticeable amount.

4. pttuan89

pttuan89 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yours is 7.8GB since the ATI card only shares 0.2GB of RAM. The Intel graphic, however, takes an insane amount of RAM. More than 1GB being shared is very normal, and there is nothing can be done about it.

5. dgitalchaos

dgitalchaos Guest

Even when I run on the Intel card, mine still reads 7.8. I made sure to verify this by re-running the WEI on Intel and restarting on the battery which defaults to the Intel card.

You can tell it's on the Intel card due to the Experience score:
    [​IMG]

6. herukuti

herukuti Pen Pal - Newbie

ok i switched to the intel and my computer shows 8g usable. weird. is there a solution to control panel requiring a click when it has been set to function as a menu? i did click the hover option for opening menus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.