[500T] Possible fix for WiFi reconnecting slowly

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Kazy, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazy

Kazy Pen Pal - Newbie

I've tried this and restarted a couple of times and it seems to have fixed the issue where the internet is unreachable for a couple of minutes after connecting to Wifi or coming out of sleep.

1. Open Device Manager.
    2. Under Network Adapters, double-click "Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter"
    3. Go to the "Advanced tab"
    4. Under "Property", go to "Bluetooth Collaboration" and set it to "Disabled" like the screenshot.
    [​IMG]

Honestly, I can't tell what this does. Apparently it's either to share wifi over bluetooth or something else. My BT keyboard is just fine, though. And I am able to immediately access the internet upon waking my device or restarting.

luluxry likes this.
  2. drvenom

drvenom Scribbler - Standard Member

I wish I could try this now, but I just did a factory reset and all seems to be working fine. I don't want to mess with my tablet now that it is stable and ready to be my school tablet. Please let us know how things keep working for you with these new settings.

3. nanotube80

nanotube80 Pen Pal - Newbie

Interesting theory. I was tempted to try but then found out what the "bluetooth collaboration" means:
    Bluetooth and Wi-Fi coexistence schemes strive to avoid chaos

Seems to be an important feature in a device with both wifi and bluetooth receivers in order to minimize interference.

4. Kazy

Kazy Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems that doesn't have anything to do with it. I believe it is for sharing bt devices across the network (source

Like I said, I've had no problem using both bluetooth and wifi concurrently with this option set to disabled.

5. Vladdie

Vladdie Scribbler - Standard Member

My bluetooth mouse was rendered unusable when I was using wifi, it would just stutter and completely freeze especially when I was transfering files or downloading off the internet. Disabling Bluetooth Collaboration fixed that for me, except now the range has been reduced and if something is in between the tablet and the mouse it can stop working, I guess because it isn't benefiting from sharing the Wifi's signal which was giving it increased range.

I hadn't noticed slow wifi reconnecting but thought I'd give you my reasons for disabling BT Collaboration.

6. nanotube80

nanotube80 Pen Pal - Newbie

There is a new Bluetooth driver update (as well as sound and chipset drivers) in SWUpdate since yesterday. Might want to give it a try.

7. Vladdie

Vladdie Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks, I got the new drivers but alas if anything it is worse now! I just disabled BT collaboration and it's fine again.

8. donb

donb Pen Pal - Newbie

that trick may fix wifi connecting but it in turn messes up Bluetooth music streaming.

9. 996gt2

996gt2 Scribbler - Standard Member

Strange, I don't see the new driversin SW upate. The version I have installed is 12.0.0.3600, is that the new one?

10. 996gt2

996gt2 Scribbler - Standard Member

According to Broadcom's documentation, here is the purpose of BT Collaboration:

Bluetooth Collaboration
    Bluetooth Collaboration enables general purpose input/output transmit suppression protocol between the IEEE 802.11 media access control (MAC) and an external Bluetooth chip to minimize transmit interference. Bluetooth Collaboration is enabled by default.
    Enable (default)
    Disable