3rd Year Anniversary - Q702

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by XJ12, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

Company has a three year refresh cycle. Still going strong with the two Q702's. No issues to report other than Windows Update error code C000000D on the Win 7.

Looking ahead to when refresh cycle would occur. Looks like a tablet based on the Intel Skylake.

Noting possible features:

No wires: wireless charging, wireless connection to monitor, no ports, etc.

Fanless.

Built-in Intel camera for capturing objects in 3D.

Looking forward to the designs. As long as they still make one with a digitizer.

2. XJ12

error in windows update due to Entrust crypto in registry. not wanting to uninstall Entrust required a temporary edit of the system registry...

3. XJ12

Two year anniversary coming up soon. Still loving the machine. No issues to report. Other than one tip: Don't drop the pen! So I'm on the one spare tip. Actually wondering if the SP3 pen would be a good substitute. Just read that MS is buying N-Trig... interesting.

4. XJ12

Two years! Only machine I would consider replacing it with would be the Surface Pro 3. Bought my wife a Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 for Christmas. She loves it. I've never seen her use it in the tablet mode. But it does make a nice lightweight laptop. 512GB SSD gives her plenty of room. Core M is fine for her use, but definitely would pass on it for a work computer. Would be interesting what a SP4 might be like now that 5th gen i5,i7's coming out.

Three things that make a Surface Pro 3 attractive:

Light weight
    Aspect ratio
    Removable keyboard

Although I love the removable keyboard on my Surface Pro, it constantly stops right in the middle of working. Have to touch the screen and it starts working again. Annoying. But it's the form factor that makes the difference.

Only like the Q702 keyboard for the battery life. Hate the fact that it becomes a laptop with the keyboard. With my Surface Pro, I type for a few minutes to launch something, and immediately rip off the keyboard.

Pens on the two Q702 we have have been giving us trouble now and again. Calibration, battery replacement, reboots, fiddling, etc... seems to run the gamut. So, we're ordering a couple of SP3 pens.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  5. XJ12

SP3 pens came in. Seem to work just fine. Picked them up for only $32.95 each plus S&H. Great deal.

6. XJ12

Still using the same 64GB SD card to store all my data. No issues after two years. Card is even fully encrypted. Laugh now, as I now have a 64GB microSD card in my phone.

7. XJ12

Received $50 MS wireless display adapter.

Upgraded WiDi on Q702 from original version 3 to 4 without issue. (helps to upgrade on an admin account for PROSet drivers to install)

Worked like a champ. Works for SP1 at home and now Q702 for work.

PS. SP3 pens still working without issue.

8. XJ12

too many questions to consider for entertaining Windows 10 yet. Q702 is used at work and having any cloud access or MS account would not be allowed. Can Win 10 be installed without a MS account? Win 8.1 upgrade on a home PC was done on a temporary admin account then deleting it after the install. Thus killing the OS's ability to manage the account created during the install. Guessing that would be an option here.

9. XJ12

checking Fujitsu website:
    http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/www/content/support/mobile/windows10/index.php
    "List of systems tested for upgrade to Windows 10
    • Fujitsu has tested the following systems for upgrading to Windows 10. Please follow the instructions in this Step-by-Step installation guide for upgrading these systems to Windows 10."
    Windows 7 STYLISTIC Series
    • STYLISTIC Q552
    • STYLISTIC Q572
    • STYLISTIC Q702 (anyone try yet?)
    • STYLISTIC Q704
    • STYLISTIC Q775

10. shEEEsh

shEEEsh Pen Pal - Newbie

Considered upgrading but decided to stick with my Q572. Love my cases, the removable battery option and the size.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.