3m Vikuiti Screen Protector Feedback

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by gitar, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunkypuffin

chunkypuffin Pen Pal - Newbie

Couldn't agree more solsavr. I spent quite a while weighing up whether I really needed the additional functions a tablet could offer me over a laptop. My primary use will be as a tool for use during my masters study in physiotherapy - lots of article reading in PDF and since discovering the snipping tool, PDF annotator and OneNote (kindly provided by Fujitsu pre-installed on my US bought T4210) I can bring all my information sources into one file to provide a coherent structure to my readings.

Just to let people know, I live in the UK but actually bought from a US company - LaptopAuthority. The model was 1.83GHz, 60Gb, 512Mb RAM, CDRW/DVD combo with a 3year warranty, additional bay battery and 3M screen protectors. Total price including shipping AND import duty/taxes was ~1475 pounds. This actually works out to about a saving of 100-200 pounds minimum - we get shafted on consumer goods over here:mad:
    The customer service at Laptop Authority was superb and I can definitely recommend them to anyone after my experience with them. After a mix up with the bank transfer there was $20 taken off it which they wrote off, this after knocking $20 off the price inlieu of the cost of me conducting a bank transfer!!! Even happier after reading P8rsons note that OneNote isn't provided with UK sec machines :D

Finally, regarding the 3M screen protector, they feel more substantial than the ones provided. Can't comment on the picture quality with the provided ones, but the 3M ones have minimal impact on the image quality and personally I think it improves the feel of the writing surface.

Well, sorry for the long post, but just wanted to share my good news at joining the tablet fraternity. I'm off to download Extended desktop now and play with that :D

Final thought, go with the T4210 Pyrotak, you won't be disappointed

Happy tableting

Craig

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Craig,
    As I mentioned to you in a different message, you could have bought the tablet in the UK for a lot less than what you paid and it would have been with a DVDRW.
    The warranty could have been purchased seperately for £75
    Even so, laptopsdirect.co.uk offer the tablet you mention (but with a DVDRW) for only £1195.95
    See here

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. chunkypuffin

chunkypuffin Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi P8rson,

hope your weather in the peaks is better than here in gloomy West Yorkshire. I did look at the laptopdirect option, however they couldn't guarantee when the next shipment would be and on the link you provide it still shows as not stocked. To be honest the sales reps I talked to didn't fill me with confidence and e-mails I sent were not replied to promptly to say the least. Even with the import tax I still paid 10-20 pounds less and got the 3 year warranty included. The cheapest price I was quoted for a 3 year extension tothe warranty was 250 pounds by a fujitsu salesman, although he quoted this from a reseller as he said they only dealt with business customers - where could I have got it for 75 pounds? The modular bay battery I've seen for 100-120 pounds. All told I worked out it came to around 1550 without the screen protectors.

Please don't take this as me challenging the veracity of your information, you undoubtedly have lots of good contacts, this is just what I personally found on enquiries I made, hence the choice to order via US.

Whatever, I am more than happy with the service provided by our transatlantic friends and delighted with the tablet itself. You're definitely spot on with the build quality comments, feels solid and dependable. Incidentally I love the feel of the keyboard, far more responsive than others I have used.

Have a good day in beautiful Derbyshire

Craig

4. P8RSON

Just so long as your happy Craig that's all that counts.

BTW... I got mine within 2 days of ordering from Clove and the total came to £1105 but no additional warranty.

It's a beautiful cold wet and windy Summers day up here on the Peaks :D

5. terencec

terencec Pen Pal - Newbie

I am new to tablet. I have the 3m screen protector, it does not feel exactly like writing on paper but it is not very bad. If one has never written on paper in his/her life, he/she may not mind! Does any Tablet or Screen protector feel exactly like writing on the paper?

Also, I can see the cursor moving is lacking behind the pen if I move the pen fast. In my situation, I do not write fast enough to see the problem.

I never have tablet before, it is strange that I can move the cursor while moving the pen in the air. I had a few palm pilot, they didn't do that.

6. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

Its because of the digitzer that is does that...if anything this a super sweet feature...i like how it tracks a couple mm above the screen..its really useful for photoshopping stuff....although i guess it really doesn't matter that much if you are writing directly on the screen...

7. P8RSON

It's like PYROTAK says, "Its because of the digitizer that is does that...".
    Basically, your Palm had a passive screen and anything you choose to use on it was an active pen.
    The tablet (with the exception of the Fujitsu P1510) uses an active screen and a passive pen ~ hence why you can not use your finger to touch the screen and obviously must not loose your pen :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.