3M Vikuiti is a 5-pack for $79

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by namrog84, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. namrog84

namrog84 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am planning on buying a T4210 very soon and would be very interested in one of these.
    However as I know many of you feel that it is a little bit pricey for when your only going to use 1.

If anyone is interested in taking part of a joint process order. I will set up a paypal account and everyone pay approximately 1/5th the price ( $15-20)
    Although it is about $16 dollars split 5 ways. You must remember that there will be additional shipping costs that I must use to send to you. so I was thinking about $20 per person( to cover shipping/packaging )

I would be sure to include it in the same level of packaging the company does.
    However, If someone else would like to be the "main orderer" I will gladly let them do it. and just give them my share $$... Espically if they are a veteran member to this board. Id actually prefer it and I am sure some people would feel more comfortable.

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Good idea to spit it - I would however wait until you receive the T4210 to decide if you even need the screen protector. You might change your mind once you receive it (just my opinion).

3. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, you are only going to use one at a time yes... but the whole idea of a screen protector is that you have a sacrificial surface on your screen that can be easily replaced when it starts looking worn. I don't know how often the average user would be replacing it though; if it's only like once a year, it would be nice to split a 5-pack.

4. namrog84

namrog84 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am ordering the T4210 tommorrow.

rob1116 or anyone else
    If you or anyone is interested in 2 or 3(save on shipping :) )
    that works too
    I was thinking about keeping 2 for myself
    Sure you may evenutually need more. But I personally see it as
    "is it really worth 80$" But this way you can try 1 or 2 out at a much lower price.

The whole point of this was so that some could essenitally "try it out" without splurging on somethinge expensive.

All i need is 2 maybe 3 people who want (1 or 2) let me know sometime soon. thanks!

5. Cyan09

Cyan09 Pen Pal - Newbie

Would these protectors fit a Tecra m7? if not are there some that would? If these will fit they sound like the best type to get so I would be interested but only if they fit the Tecra M7.

6. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

Cyan09: Unfortunately no, they won't fit. These are for a 12" screen, and the M7 is a 14".

7. Cyan09

Cyan09 Pen Pal - Newbie

does 3m make protectors that will fit? do any other companies? I plan on ordering my tecra m7 within a few days and i don't want to scratch the screen when it arrives in a month.

8. blblblbl

blblblbl Pen Pal - Newbie

The 3M package comes with 5 screen protector and one giant "shovel' for application. It's just a giant pice of pastic but it makes application easier

9. {NOC}MONK

{NOC}MONK Pen Pal - Newbie

Namrog,

I had the exact same idea a couple of days ago after reading the reviews on the protectors, but I waited because I am not actually ready to buy the tablet.
    :D
    Once I do buy I would definately be interested in taking part in this.

-MONK

10. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey i might be getting a 4210 in the next 2 days or so...but if i do, I'll definitely go in for 2. By the way, does the 4210 come with one already? I heard it comes with a generic one, and a vikuiti one...is this correct? i'll let you know of my order. thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.