32 and 64 bit Vista: Driver link list anywhere?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by pinky, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Pyxus

Pyxus Pen Pal - Newbie

saranya,
    try to install this driver :http://www.asustreiber.de/download.php?view.283
    and then, the latest Intel 945 GMA driver. . .
    (I noticed that version 62 of the ATKOl00 driver may actually work better than version 65...)
    Hopefully all this will be fixed in Vista final or when Asus provides official Vista drivers.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. saranya

saranya Pen Pal - Newbie

yep, that's they driver's I've been using from your other post. it's kind of strange because all the other funtion keys mostly work. In all, for me the keys that don't work.

brightness, touchpad on/off

i haven't upgraded my bios to 304 yet since it seemed to only fix the wireless, which this driver you posted had seem to do the same thing.

3. Pyxus

Pyxus Pen Pal - Newbie

touchpad ON/OFF doesn't work either for me... I did upgrade to 304 though...maybe this could help? (it also has an ACPI-related fix...)

4. pinky

pinky Pen Pal - Newbie

i'm running windows vista rc2 x64 on my asus r1f. version info says Version 6.0 (Build 5744.16384.amd64fre.vista_rtm_edw.061003-1945) using a beta2 (or rc1) key.

most things work fine, except for the fingerprint reader, or better its software, and sound.

graphics: i downloaded the driver from the intel homepage, although everything worked fine out of the box

screen rotate button and other function buttons: use this atk0100 driver: http://www.asustreiber.de/download.php?view.289 (installation via device manager)
    but that isn't everything to do. there is also the need for hcontrol.exe, the atk0100 software. i just copied the folder on the r1 driver disc onto my hdd and started hcontrol.exe. then the buttons worked :)
    but if i got it right, there has to be the intel graphics driver installed to have a working screen rotate button. atkosd.exe can also be launched to have the senseless osd you should know from the preinstalled xp tabletpc edition.
    (you have to copy the folder and start those application right of it, because the installer won't work in vista.)

everything else, like tablet, lan, cardreader, modem, bluetooth and wlan worked right out of the box, without the need of any installation.

as for sound: vista says it already has the driver installed, and says the device is working properly. but there is no sound coming out of the loudspeakers at all. i installed the realtek hd 64bit vista drivers right from the realtek homepage (www.realtek.com.tw), but that didn't change a thing

fingerprint reader: the driver from the producer's homepage works fine, you can get it @ http://www.upek.com/support/dl_driver_sensors.asp
    but the protector suite software, which does the actual fingerprint authentication, doesn't work at all :D

as i found via google, it's the same like with those microsoft keyboards which have an integrated fingerprint reader. there is a driver offered, but no software for it, because the software is not developed by microsoft...

i hope this post can help :)

5. mikemead

mikemead Pen Pal - Newbie

hi,

use the 64bit drv for realtech hd on asustreiber and the sound will work.

For graphics, i wasn't able to get automatic rotation on tablet conversion, even with atk and intel drv.

++

6. techaholic

techaholic Pen Pal - Newbie

I just ran HCONTROL.EXE and it worked, my rotate button and auto rotate while running Vista 64bit. :) :)

7. pinky

pinky Pen Pal - Newbie

nice, thanks

so the only thing missing is a software for the fingerprint reader :)

8. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Are you guys getting static using that 64 bit driver?

9. pinky

pinky Pen Pal - Newbie

never attached headphones yet...

so tried it now: yes i have static. but because i also have static at my computer (damn asrock mainboard onboard sound), i don't really care, it's just standard :p
    just tested it under vista with the asustreiber.de drivers...never @ xp...but i think that won't make any difference as it's a hardware problem i think