2760p Stumped... Please Help

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by jiggerjosh, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiggerjosh

jiggerjosh Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow so many replies. Thanks for all the thoughts. I'm currently 2559 now also which seemed to work great at first. Booted the computer four times and had touch and inking abilities. Just booted again and nothing =( I even formatted the hard drive and re-installed windows and still no luck. Does anyone have a screen shot of their device manager specifically the Human interface devices? BTW pmatulew link is for the 32bit driver.

Thanks for all the input!

2. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Here you go:
    [​IMG]

The other thing is that I'm running a different version of QuickLaunch Button driver and also running the Fujitsu Wacom driver. Those two together may account for why I don't have any issues.

See this thread: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hp-...on-mod-default-180-landscape-tablet-mode.html

and see this post (for Fujitsu driver): http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hp-...er-first-impresion-w-win-8-dp.html#post260530

Also, did you install the previous video driver and reboot before installing the 2559 driver?

3. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

Yup, 32-bit. That's what I'm running. For comparison I have not installed the Fujitsu Wacom driver.

[​IMG]

4. jiggerjosh

So far I have shut down and booted countless amounts of times and has been working great so far. Sometimes when it goes to sleep and I wake it up I lose pen and touch ability. This can usually be resolved by manually putting it back to sleep with the power button then waking it back up.

My control panel looks like pmatulew even though im running the Fujitsu driver like 2.0 (there is no HID Digitizer/pen in the driver window)

Thanks so much as it is already 90% better I just wished i knew what the root of the issue was. Also anybody figure out how to make the touch more accurate especially around the edges?

5. dazza50

dazza50 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having EXACTLY the same trouble. Even managed to get my hands on another fresh machine, and it is doing the same. have tred uninstrqalling everything, then reinsalling and checking each step - all fine. Then after switch off / hibernate no touch screen.

Found HP Wacom tabvlet driver, Download HP EliteBook 2760p Tablet Wacom Digitizer Driver 3.0.7.24 Driver for Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows Vista64 / Windows 7 / Windows 7 x64 - Softpedia, but again it turned out to be a temporary solution.

So tried a complete rebuild from the f11 after ESC on startup - nice feature- and all was well. Started to install AVG, then Chrome, then Office 2010, then EndNote bibliographic software, checking after each - no problems.

Left it off for a while, and on restart: nothing.

Have since started to unistall one at a time, and have been runnign driver install in between, and still no joy.

Glad to find your post - will now try the solution offered below.

6. jiggerjosh

Did you try updating the video driver and use the fujitsu one? I did all this and restarted many times in between while installing . It seemed to help the problem go away 95% of the time. What specs are you system? i.e. hard drive, processor speed or if you look at the bottom for the model number. I'm curious as mine did not even work out of the box so im wondering if we both duds.

7. III.Jg27ADLER

III.Jg27ADLER Scribbler - Standard Member

2.0, could you please post the link for the Fujitsu driver? I got one for my X201t (PEN_WACOM_V5.1.1-11c_WIN7_FPC46-1643-01)but when I installed it on the HP 2760p it shows no reaction rather than "no driver detected" when I want to use it...

8. JordannRenee

JordannRenee Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is showing that I have no tablet driver either. Is there a fix to this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.