2760p Stumped... Please Help

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by jiggerjosh, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiggerjosh

jiggerjosh Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone. I am so glad to see more and more people posting that actually own one of these beasts. I love the power of this little guy. It can keep up with my overclocked i-5 somehow.

Anyway long story short I have not been able to get my touch screen/digitizer to work consistently. What I mean is every other time I turn on the computer it works. Then if turn it off all the way it wont work. It is not perfectly consistent but its driving me crazy. If i restart the computer it will have no effect on if the digitizer is working or not, i have to shut it down all the way to get it to either start working again or make it stop working.

Things I have tried:
    1. Fresh install of windows
    2. Hp Drivers
    3. Wacom drivers from Wacom.com
    3-1. manually installing some Wacom drivers (kinda worked)
    4. Using fijusti drivers as per another users sugestion

Let me know if you need more information or are confused. I have lived with this problem for over two months now. Any one have any ideas?

Thanks,

Josh

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

-Turn off automatic Updates
    -then uninstall anything Wacom, reboot twice fully (each time check that no wacom drivers popped up)
    -then try the latest 'Enhanced Graphics Driver' for Tablet PC's from Wacom's US site Drivers | Wacom Americas then reboot twice more fully
    -check functionality

3. jiggerjosh

I tried that to no avail. Is there possible a factory driver from the windows install dvd that be giving me a problem?

4. jiggerjosh

anybody? this thing is driving me nuts...

5. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

Huh! Mine just did this the yesterday. Opened it up from sleep and no response from finger or stylus. Nada. Touchpad and touchstick still worked thankfully. Restarted. That didn't fix it.

Full power down shutdown. Pulled the battery. Counted to ten while saying a prayer and fired it back up. Came up OK. Phew!

Not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about this. Has to be a software glitch somewhere.

6. shyam111

shyam111 Pen Pal - Newbie

something similar used to happen on my 2740p when i woke it up from sleep. I think it was a graphics software update or something which fixed it. Initially, i thought it was a hardware fault, but i soon discovered that it usually happened after i woke from sleep (though it did happen sometimes when booting from a cold start). The fix that worked for me was to close the lid - putting the machine back to sleep, then just opening the lid up again and flicking the power switch to turn it back on.

This always fixed the problem for me and was way faster than turning the machine off, removing the battery, and holding the switch down for a few seconds (which also seemed to work).

Hope this helps

7. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Yeah, you might want to update the Intel video driver to version 8.15.10.2509.

I haven't experienced the issue you are referring to. So I'm guessing it must be because of my updated video driver.

I'm also using the Fujitsu driver for Wacom.

8. HotDawg

HotDawg Pen Pal - Newbie

Similar issue for me today. After working on it all day, l went back to the MS Store and exchanged my six day old slate. After 2 months, that's not an option for you so I hope you find a solution!

9. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

Ok, I'll be guinea pig. One change at a time, (after I clone my existing in case it blows up...)

To start with I'm all up to date according to the HP SoftPaq Download Manager, minus some fluff and ProtectTools features. Also had removed the Hotkey utility so that I could have secondary landscape available via registry mod.

Currently running the HP video driver -->[​IMG]

Download and install upgraded driver 8.15.10.2509 from Intel support site-->
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/con...32_8.15.10.2509_PV.exe&lang=eng&Dwnldid=20589

Didn't like the .exe. Error about unsigned version. Extracted files to new folder. Used Device Manager / Update driver with "let me choose" and "have disk" option. It took it that time. Let me reboot and see if it sticks.

Looks like it stayed --> [​IMG]

Now we'll wait and see if the problem happens again.

10. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

I'm now running 8.15.10.2559. Still no issues other than the 60/40Mhz refresh switching when going from AC to Batts and vice versa. Though I managed to fix that with a registry edit. (Made a thread about it.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.