2760p + Intuos combo?

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by Housed, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Housed

Housed Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't been able to find a proper answer for this or if anyone tried this but can I pair an Intuos with a tabletpc? I was thinking the Wacom Intuos would control the external monitor and I can use the tabletpc pen on the tabletpc itself, is that possible?

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You can, but it will be a driver mess. The Tablet PC/Feel driver will undoubtably clash with Intuos Driver. It may work fine, but given my own horrid attempts trying that years ago (different tablets but still) I would expect a mess. But who knows, maybe Wacoms current drivers are better tuned then they were years ago. Give it a try.

3. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

He's not kidding about the driver mess. Newer drivers are actually worse than older drivers and they will actively sabotage each other. If you ask Wacom about it, they'll just tell you that nobody uses tablets that way. More like they stopped caring about it a while back.

On my own T901, I use the 7.1.2-9 Wacom driver, which is the most recent ISD driver that works with my Bamboo driver. You may need to experiment with driver versions to get a fully working setup. It's definitely possible, either way.

darkmagistric likes this.
  4. Housed

Housed Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the replies, I figured it'd be risky. Wacom drivers really are a pain to deal with.