2760p alternative stylus

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by valdarsh, Dec 2, 2011.

1. valdarsh

valdarsh Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi folks :)

I really love my 2760, but the pen feels a bit thin and painful when I use it for long periods. Is there any way to get other wacom pens to work on it? I tried installing the Fujitsu drivers, but that did not work with my old cintiq pen.

Alternatively, what pens are compatible? I read some Motion Computing pens are, but not all.

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Any Wacom 'penenabled' or 'Tablet PC' pen will work; of the pens out there the best one that is widely avaialble for a good price is the Axiotron Studio pen (from the ebay seller that has a few hundred still, they are going for $27 these days -though I got mine for $34 a year ago I still love it and would buy it again)

Otherwise you can try and get one of the Motion Computing pens, it isn't much wider than the standard pen used with the 2760p but it is supposed to be more comfortable to use -though they will cost $40+ and you only get the pen itself (where as the Axiotron Studio pen comes with 2 different grips, and several nibs with a nib changer)

3. valdarsh

valdarsh Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah, so it has to be a "Tablet PC" pen, not a cintiq pen :)

Thank you. The Axiotron pen looks very comfy.

4. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Just received the Axiotron pen (model AXT-DPS01-0A01) that I bought off eBay. It's an amazing pen. Especially when used with the spring loaded nib. Highly recommend this pen. I paid $28 shipped for it. Worth every penny.