2740 Fingerprint Scans

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by in4mer, Aug 11, 2010.

?

How well does your fingerprint scanner work?

1. It's fantastic! 1 scan login.

50.0%
  2. I hate it! It's faster to type in your password.

12.5%
  3. Huh. Fingerprint scanner? I have one?

37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

Trying to see if other people are having issues like me. I tried to start a poll with my previous post but it didn't work so sorry for a duplicate post. I have to scan my finger 50 million times before I can log in.

I think the TC4400 fingerprint worked like a charm compared to this one.

2. jeffghs

jeffghs Pen Pal - Newbie

I won't say it is always one scan logon, but generally 1-2 swipes does the trick. I tend to swipe mine pretty quick. Every once in a while it may take me 5-10 swipes and not recognize, but then I switch to another finger and usually first swipe takes.

3. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Funny, I've logged in via fingerprint reader on the 2740 at least 29 billion times and never had a problem ;) :D (Mom always said: "I've told you a million times: never exaggerate!")

Oh, and, as for my FPR, I find it works first time 75%, second probably 20%, rarely need a third. Couple of tricks: I find third finger tends to work better than index. Thumb works very well too; remember, you can scan it in either direction. I'm thinking I may need to re-program my index finger, because it does give me the most trouble.
    Another great tip (someone gave me this): not to slow, not to fast and definitely slow down towards finger tip and scan the full tip in. If none of these work for you, blow some compressed air into the opening. finally, if still problmeatic, get HP to repair/replace. Sometimes the slot is not perfectly aligned with the sensor inside and a little adjustment is needed.

4. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

what firmware/drivers do you guys have installed? I have a new machine (RMA DOA the previous one) and I'm still having fingerprint issues! IT APPEARED TO BE FINE with the previous drivers.. i might just roll back.

Update:
    Lovelaptops, I decided to have a go with my middle finger and it APPEARS to work a majority of the time, so thanks!, for now until for some reason it doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.