2730p stuck in portrait mode: Help please :-)

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by PsychProf, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsychProf

PsychProf Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I purchased an HP 2730p a few months ago but haven't had a chance to play with it too much as of yet. I started adjusting a variety of settings and somehow got the screen stuck on portrait (regardless of whether or not I have the screen in tablet mode).

I am running Win 7 ultimate. Does anyone know how I can get this off of full time portrait and back to rotating as necessary based on screen orientation?

Thanks

2. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

Control Panel / Tablet PC settings
    Bottom Left
    Choose orientation sequence

Also perhaps on the HP Quicklaunch menu
    Choose Quicklaunch Buttons / preferences / Enable Automatic Mode Change

3. violajack

violajack Scribbler - Standard Member

Check in Control Panel > Tablet PC Settings > Display tab, click on "Go to Orientation" near the bottom and check that there are two different orientations selected for rotation via the button.

There are also some settings to check in the Intel graphics control panel, but I don't think they have anything to do with auto rotate.

I find that mine (Windows 7 home premium) will only rotate if it's awake when the state changes. If I switch the screen, then wake it up, it stays until I press the rotate button.

If nothing else, you may have a restore point that is before the setting changes to go back to. If you haven't played with it much, you might not have much to lose by just going back.

4. PsychProf

PsychProf Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the info. I will try this out on Monday (forgot the tablet at the office).

5. shyam111

shyam111 Pen Pal - Newbie

is that doesn't work, try holding down "ctrl" and "alt" then tapping the "up" button on the keyboard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.