2730p Quick Launch Desktop Notification Issue

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by fldrice, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fldrice

fldrice Pen Pal - Newbie

I've already tried reinstalling the quick launch buttons a couple of times but I still can't get the volume indicators to display properly. Normally, when you hit the mute button, you should see an onscreen notification that your volume is muted (this no longer occurs for me). You should also see green status bars which indicate the volume level when you increase/decrease the system volume. In my case, I see the volume notification box but the level indicators are missing. What's strange, is that the notification box and level indicators function normally when adjusting the screen brightness. Anyone ever experience this? See screenshots below for clarification.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

For the record, what operating system are you using?

Xp, Vista, 7, or linux?

3. fldrice

fldrice Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm running XP tablet.

4. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Its quite possible its due to the themes you have been using. Other then that, all i can think of is reinstalling in administrator mode.

5. tonyg24

tonyg24 Pen Pal - Newbie

i have the same issue on my vista 64 bit tx2 tablet... pretty new with no themes installed.. no onscreen notification when i change the screen brightness via function button or changing the volume via the hardkeys on the left top of keyboard... the screen does change brightness level and volume changes but there is no onscreen notifications of changes

6. fldrice

fldrice Pen Pal - Newbie

It was working before with the themes. I think it may be a registry entry or missing dll. It's really odd that the brightness indicator functions properly but the volume doesn't because they are essentially the same in appearance.

7. fldrice

fldrice Pen Pal - Newbie

Issue partially fixed. Seems like my suspicions about the registry were correct. I uninstalled the quick launch buttons and then went into the registry to manually remove any keys that were related to the quick launch buttons. The volume level desktop notifications now work for increasing and decreasing the master volume. I haven't been able to get the mute notification to work, but I suspect that function is related to the single key that windows would not allow to delete. I can probably get around this restriction by booting into safe mode, but the mute issue is not that annoying since the led on the button changes color when muted anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.