2730p digitizer drop out

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by enneract, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enneract

enneract Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone having or heard of an issue where the 2730p stops detecting the digitizer driver on boot running windows 7?

I have to uninstall then reinstall the package, but it only lasts about 2-3 cold boots before it has to be done again.

My girlfriend uses this as her primary note taking apparatus for university, and this is completely unacceptable. HP Support is mute on the issue, claims that it is a software issue on my end (since the machine shipped with vista business, they won't offer support for any other OS)

2. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

It could very well be the install or drivers. Have you reinstalled Win7? To prove to HP it is not software that your responsible for, you will need to restore it with Vista and go from there. My Win7 x86 install works fine with pen - except for the poor calibration that has affected it across multiple OS's.

3. pwnsweet

pwnsweet Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had a related issue where upon boot the digitizer doesn't work. Rebooting solves the problem. I would say it occurs about 5% of the time I boot my system. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.