2710p's HDD connector type

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by radioactif, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radioactif

radioactif Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

Yes, this is a very specific question. We all know that 2710p has a 1,8" HDD, and that it's slow.

But samsung and Sandisk make and "sell" 1,8" SSD, samsung wuth the Micro ATA (which is female) connector type, Sandisk with the ZIF (which consists in a ribbon linking the SSD and its port). Other brands sell the 1,8" male, like in IBM X41.

Well, my question is : what type of connector does the 2710 sport ? That may be decisive for my next notebook... ! If you do not want to dismantle your laptop, please just give me the reference you find in the device manager.

Thans a lot :)

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi radioactif,

I have a feeling that this has been answered before, a quick search would resolve that, but in any case:

You're looking for a PATA connector for your new drive, sorry that I can not be more specific (i.e. PATA-33, 66, etc), it should be a male connector.

What I do know, however, is that HP will begin offering a 64GB SSD option beginning November 1st, 2007, if you'd rather have HP have this option rather than doing an after-market upgrade on your own. :)

3. radioactif

Ok, I'll search it.

The reason I'll make the upgrade by myself is that I'm French, and, for instance, Dell does not offer the SSD in their laptops, FSC won't sell the T2010, and well, knowing the fact that major international companies have this 1$=1€, and that we're almost always very late... So if Ihave to wait until HP, in their good will, sell it, I may consider waiting till Christmas :D

And the 2710p is part of a very interesting offer for students ;)

I've also tried to contact them, after having been redirected 4 times, they simply could not offer me any info, they don't have any datasheet, neither have the part resellers...

After having searched quite carefully, I may say that the question has been asked, but not answered. Let me
    know if I'm telling nonsense. And the service manual (generic) shows a HDD with a ribbon, but it could be for nc2400 too, for example.

4. radioactif

Found it, it's ZIF !

5. KensingtonPark

KensingtonPark Pen Pal - Newbie

radioactif:

I'm glad you got your answer. I opened the back of the device and I had no idea what I was looking at. I was hoping my brother-in-law would be able to tell me this Sunday. Good luck!

6. radioactif

Thanks, that's nice from you :)

Now let's spare until I get enough money to buy a Sandisk SSD :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.