2710p Ultra-slim Battery

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by KensingtonPark, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KensingtonPark

KensingtonPark Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received this battery yesterday via UPS. It is amazingly thin; about the thickness of my iPod Nano. I'll try to give the battery a workout today.

2. greenmiu

greenmiu Pen Pal - Newbie

congraduations
    so how's it feel when combined?
    hot? heavey? equal balance?

cheers

3. KensingtonPark

The battery is very nice and works as advertised. I especially like that the battery life indicators provide estimates for each separate battery. As far as the feel:

Balance is great.
    Size difference is negligible.
    It definitely feels heavy, though.

On balance, I'd be surprised if I take it off very often. It's just nice having so much battery life during the day.

4. benjaman

benjaman Pen Pal - Newbie

Sounds good, congratulations.

I'm a bit confused though since the ipod nano is only 7 mm thick, but according to hp specs (link) the ultraslim battery is 18 mm thick - i.e. more than twice as thick. Any chance of a picture? (the posted videos usually also include the dock, so hard to see)

What kind of battery life are you seeing totally?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. KensingtonPark

I actually only eyeballed the comparison, since they were both on my desk at the time. I'm surprised, however, that the difference is so great (7 mm v. 18 mm). I'll try to post a picture when I'm back at home.

Unfortunately, I haven't run any sort of "run down test" on the battery. I say this because it's the only way, based on my usage, that I could actually run the two batteries down in a normal day. (!) It's what I love about the setup: I pretty much treat the Tablet the same way as I do my Blackberry. Use it during the day as I need to, charge it overnight (by plopping it into the expansion dock).

6. thebranded

thebranded Pen Pal - Newbie

hows the wight with all thress (dock/expansion battayc/lappy) pics would be good too :)

7. benjaman

benjaman Pen Pal - Newbie

After seeing the inkshow at GBM, it seems as if Kensingtonpark is right - it looks about as thin as an ipod nano. Specs are right too, but that's the connector sticking up which then disappears into the machine. So, very thin indeed - for 9 hours + battery life.

8. KensingtonPark

I posted these on another forum, but I promised to post them here, so here they are:

2710p Alone (next to Blackberry 8700c)
    [​IMG]

2710p w/Ultra Slim Battery
    [​IMG]

This weighs about 4 lbs. 11 oz. and feels slightly heavier than the Tablet alone. I carry it this way all the time.

2710p w/both Ultra Slim Battery and Expansion Base
    [​IMG]

This setup weighs about 6 lbs, 3 oz. This weight crosses some kind of mental threshold for me. If feels very heavy, so I never carry it this way.

Expansion Base alone
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's still amazing to me that this thing houses a DVDR drive.

Questions About Docked Orientation

The comments I've read are correct. When this thing is docked, it's landscape orientation is such that it will only show the image essentially upside down. In other words, the bottom of the screen image will be toward the side of the dock with the ports and the hinge. This will be a disappointment to those who wanted to use the docked Tablet as a writing platform. It's not impossible, since the docking station is flat, but harder at least in landscape mode.

9. pmcd

pmcd Pen Pal - Newbie

I also have it with my 2710p and it's great. I don't seem to be able to find a guide/manual for it, or perhaps it was never there. Would you know where on the HP site it might be? I had a really hard time getting the battery in the first place. It is really thin and not that heavy.

philip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.