2710p cpu maxed out when docking

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Cjdirri, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Cjdirri

Cjdirri Pen Pal - Newbie

This issue with a 2710p is driving me nuts and HP is no help.

I have installed both vista 32 and 64 bit and still had the same issue. If you even move the mouse around the cpu will jump a 100% and even when you doing nothing, plus pretty much stripped all the software out the cpu never drops below 35%, but when I take the tablet off the docking station the cpu drops down to 3% and does not jump up when you move the mouse. The hard drive, the mother board, and docking station have been replaced. I also used the copy of 32/64 you get with the tablet and also the volume copy we have work and the cpu issue is still there. I would just give XP a shot but my boss is in the state of mind "where an IT company, make it work".

other info

2 gigs of ram
    The docking station is not plugged into the network
    page file is set to 2306

any ideas of what I'm missing would be great

Ok forgot to add I just checked and its not just the docking station its when you plug and power source into the tablet, also it says "plugged in, not charging". The not charging issue is why I replaced the motherboard the first time, it fixed that. Now I'm back to it not charging, ahhhhhhh

2. thebranded

thebranded Pen Pal - Newbie

when the cpu usage jumps have a look at the processors tab and whats the proces thats using the most memory?

is the power supply the correct amp? some times if you us the power supply for a lotop to power a docking station you wont get enough powwer so it wont charge.

btw these are guesses since i dont have a 2710p

3. Cjdirri

Cjdirri Pen Pal - Newbie

So of all the things that seemed to fix the issue as of now was to d/l service pack 1 for vista. My boss is taking it for a week of testing but this pretty much once again proves why vista is a joke.

4. jacob_2999

jacob_2999 Pen Pal - Newbie

Because a vista service pack one fixes a problem you were having with your computer, that makes it a joke? I would think that’s what service packs are intended to do.

5. Cjdirri

Cjdirri Pen Pal - Newbie

An OS should not ruin your pc, Vista is ok to run at home but I doubt its ever going to take off in the biz market. We work for a lot of large Medical groups and they have all said after testing they will not move to Vista nor will other major players like GM.