2510us fingerpad issue

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Mydixiwrecked00, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mydixiwrecked00

Mydixiwrecked00 Scribbler - Standard Member

2 days old and its already having issues...ok ive searched and this isnt the ghost traveling finger pad issue. this ones a different. when im in tablet mode , weather it be with the stylus or my finger, after a period of time i can no longer click on things. like i hit windows button, and the menu opens and the closes befoer i can even touch it. same with file,edit, view,tools, etc.... first time it happened i opened the latch and it relatched and it cured it. second time i opened and went back to using the keyboard and fingerpad and it was still doing it. turned the fingerpad on and off and it fixed it. temporarily. it acts as if the right click is stuck. and when u disable and reenable the fingerpad it cures it temporarily.... should i reinstall the drivers? or can this be a hardware issue?

secondly. do al tablets perform THIS poorly? it locks up way to much then does the vista self repair thing and continues on its way. i dont understand it... not like im taxing the processor or anything. happened twice in one note and a few times in outlook and ff3.... forget using it. im gonna jsut take a stab and say the factory install is HORRIBLE... will a clean reload fix all this?

2. CTSxViper

CTSxViper Pen Pal - Newbie

Well on part of the issue, the TX2510US is horrible with the factory bloatware. Do your self a favor and do a reinstall minus the crap HP puts on. It willl make a world of difference. Copy over though your folder containing all the drivers so you have it, and make sure to make your factory restore disks first so you have them, and also do not delete the recovery partition unless you absolutely do not need it. From the factory the tablet is very sluggish but this will help dramitcally. I don't now your specs but I assume you have the 3 or 4 gig of ram, so you should be fine once you do this. Hope this helps some on your issues.

3. Mydixiwrecked00

Mydixiwrecked00 Scribbler - Standard Member

i have 3 gigs or ram...is there a list anywhere of the stuff not needed by hp and all the necessary drivers that are needed? will the bezel butttons and the remote control still all work properly? what about the better wacom drivers? ive seen posts on all this stuff in the past but now i cant find them in search. thanks for the help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.