22inch LCD Monitor market, latest recommendations 2017?

Discussion in 'Artists' started by doobiedoobiedum, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

There's a lot of good content on Ytube where you can see people using the Wacom alternatives and giving their opinions. You shouldn't find it to difficult to find one that meets your needs and gives a decent drawing experience from what I have seen. I don't have any fist hand experience or enough knowledge of those devices so I can't help you narrow things down I'm afraid.

2. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

Ah.. now you've made me think. Always respected your opinion from the drawing angle. As Shizaru says, it's a Wacom but not ridiculously priced. 15 inch screen and portable...

Lot of temptations - I have a friend who works with an American aircraft manufacturer in design and he often comes back to the UK... Price in the US is £999

But I also want to work with video and animation - would it cope with Premiere? Or zBrush?

Thanks, I will have a serious look. As I mention previously, I'm behind in drawing tablet tech news by a couple of years now (Spent most of my money on wood working tools and kit for rebuilding and redecorating so I'm up to date there though!) and there's a lot of talk about EMR which I presume is Wacom only and regards accuracy.
    Having used older pen tablets, I'd gotten used to making mental adjustments for lack of accuracy even in Wacom tablets.

Luckily my big sale is going through slowly so I'm not in a huge rush or push to spend my money for another couple of months so I have time to review some more and to decide.

3. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

I think you may have looked at the regular Notebook 9 Pro which is a laptop device with no pen. The Notebook 9 Pro with S-Pen is a 2in1 which retails currently @$1299 but there have been some discounts the last one was $200 off or $1099. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...te-drive-titan-silver/5886107.p?skuId=5886107

There's a new 15" model which only has 8GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD for $1199 the ram is soldered so imho it's not worth the saving, unless you're sure 8GB will be enough for your needs in the long term?

The SSD is user up gradable and you can install the faster NVMe devices no problem if you need more than 256GB or faster storage.

There is supposed to be an upgraded N9P coming along at some point, which will have a Gen8 Coffee Lake processor which is a 4 core part, with a respectable performance boost. Samsung announced the release in S. Korea last month fyi.

I sent you a conversation/pm with some other details.

4. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

Well.......

Further to my world of strange purchase decisions, one of my students with severe dyslexia has been bought a Microsoft Surface Pro to use in note taking in studio.

And if I were to request a PC replacement for my MacBook, I'd get one of these instead.

[​IMG]

I've got the desktop on my desk at work. o_O