220v

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by CF77, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

I am thinking to travel to UK with my EP121.. The ASUS NA power adapter SAYS 100-240V with a NA nema plug. can I plug directly to a UK outlet without a step down travel transformer?

2. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

I am based in the UK and my Asus power adaptor works fine here. It also says Input: 100-240v, 50-60Hz. The model number is ADP-65NH A.

As I understand it the UK used to run at 240v and most of the rest of Europe at 220v, but now we are all converged on 230v. The supply voltage is only nominal, with a 10% tolerance.

Typically these 100-240v, 50/60Hz supplies are designed to be universal, so they should work in all countries.

3. kamikaze458

kamikaze458 Scribbler - Standard Member

I live in Argentina where the ouput is 220v. I plug it in safely with the stock adapter.

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...can I plug directly to a UK outlet without a step down travel transformer?..>>

CF: You do not need a stepdown travel transformer, but you will need an adapter plug to mate your NEMA-style plug with the British Standards 1363 plug:

AC power plugs and sockets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A suitable adapter plug is available at stores like Best Buy (or your local equivalent):

Amazon.com: Kensington 33117 International All-in-One Travel Plug Adapter: Electronics

This example is $15 (USD), but other types can be as inexpensive as $3-$4. If you are only traveling to Britain, you can also buy a very inexpensive fixed adapter (rather than a universal one).

My daughter spent the first several months of this year in Moscow, and all she needed was this adapter plug; her Dell AC adapter was a 100v - 240V type and it fared just fine...

5. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Thank you everyone for your information..I will look for an adapter. but need need to look for a cheap flight first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.