2021 Wacom Emr pen selection ranking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by starllcraft, May 23, 2021.

1. starllcraft

starllcraft Pen Pal - Newbie

This thread will rank the performance of different pens

黑色军团.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  2. starllcraft

Third-party computers using wacom emr technology use the same Wacom UD/feel EMR 2.0 technology as Wacom one dtc133
    The performance of electromagnetic pen can be quantified, which is divided into initial activation pressure value and initial activation pressure percentage value.
    Wacom announced in intuos 4 that they would reduce the initial activation force of pressure sensor to 1g, So you can write ink with feather like power very comfortably
    Wacom has been carrying only the best pressure sensors on the orthodox intuos 4, intuos 5 and intuos pro
    The wacom tablet of CTL / bamboo series uses the initial activation force is higher.
    The high-end UD EMR equipment later authorized to the third party also has top-level pressure sensors (such as zbook x2 pen)
    Some users and I have tested a lot of pens. Using krita's tablet test tool, we draw lines with the lightest force and get more stable percentage data.
    The data will be slightly different on different devices. The thinner the screen glass, the better the test data

UD/feel emr 2.0 pen:
    Box max / n96 original pen (15% IAF)
    Wacom one dtc133 original pen (12% IAF)
    Galaxy book 2 original pen (12% IAF)
    Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 + original pen (18% IAF)
    Galaxy Tab S6lite original pen (15% IAF)
    Hi-uni Digital for Wacom pen (12% IAF)
    LAMY AL-star EMR pen (3% IAF)
    Supernote a6x pen and raytrektab DG-D10IWP2 pen(2% IAF) uses a new ceramic nib, After testing, the new pen can't work on devices before 2019, and can't be used on Galaxy Tab S7 +. It can be used in Acer concept D7 ezel and wacom one dtc133
    HP zbook x2 original pen (0.1% IAF)

Pro Emr pen:
    Wacom propen2(0.1% IAF)

Ctl bamboo Emr pen:
    Wacom Ctl-6100 (10%IAF)
    Wacom Ctl-472 (20% IAF)

Other pens:
    Surface Slim Pen (10%IAF)
    Surface Slim Pen2 (5%IAF)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    Marty, Tams and dellaster like this.
  3. starllcraft

Personal ranking of Wacom UD EMR 2.0 electromagnetic pen:

Onyx note second generation original pen (this is the cheapest single button + tail eraser, this pen is relatively thin, only 2 / 3 of the diameter of zbook x2 full specification pen, personally test the minimum pressure gram of more than 3 G, no way, the pen of e-book is mainly not used for drawing, so it can save cost).[​IMG]

Galaxy book 12 original pen (only one button, It's cheaper ).

[​IMG]

Galaxy Book second generation original pen (single button + tail eraser + magnetic adsorption, starting pressure should be 3G by feeling).[​IMG]

FUJITSU FMV-NPN19 pen (a rare double key pen, Length is 114mm,the shape is a small pen which is easy to store. If you want to improve the grip feeling, you can only add a shell ).
    [​IMG]

iReader original pen (There are two versions, neither of which has a pen button, but one version has an eraser at the end of the pen, which is cheaper and has a good writing effect).
    [​IMG]

Bamboo Smart for Samsung Galaxy Note pen (only one button, Cheap and practical pen,The size is 130 x 9.3mm).
    [​IMG]

Wacom one dtc133 original pen (only one button, a cheap and practical pen,Size and weight are 147.3 x 11.4 x 11.4mm 9g).
    [​IMG]

Samsung tab S7 / S7 + original pen (single button + magnetic adsorption + special Bluetooth remote control module for Samsung,Size and weight are 8.2 x 144.8 x 7.7mm 8g).
    [​IMG]

Samsung tab S6 Lite original pen (single button + magnetic adsorption, different from other spens, this one has no Bluetooth function and does not need charging,
    The weight is 7g).[​IMG]

Hi-uni Digital for Wacom and Mitsubishi 9800 Emr pen (No buttons and erasers, completely a pencil shape,Size and weight 140 x 7.73mm 4.8g).
    [​IMG]

Staedtler EMR pen (the old version has no buttons and eraser, but the new version of Staedtler has an eraser, completely a pencil shape,Dimensions and weight are 175 x 7.5 mm 8.7g, 140 x 9.1mm 10g).[​IMG]

BOOX NoteAir original pen (No buttons and erasers, the pen tip is like an arrow, compatibility unknown.).
    [​IMG]

Lmay EMR stylus (it feels good to hold in your hand, but only one button,Size and weight are 139 x 13mm 24g).
    [​IMG]

Remarkable 2 enhanced original pen (with tail eraser and magnetic adsorption function, this is the best e-book pen).
    [​IMG]

Supernote a6x pen and raytrektab DG-D10IWP2 pen (Use 0.7mm new ceramic nib, After testing, the new pen can't work on devices before 2019, and can't be used on Galaxy Tab S7 +. It can be used in Acer concept D7 ezel and wacom one dtc133,Supernote a6x pen Size and weight is 140 x 12mm 26g).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Acer concept 7 ezel original pen, (a rare double key pen, the shape is a small pen which is easy to store. If you want to improve the grip feeling, you can only add a shell).[​IMG]

Dell canvas 27 original pen (and it has double buttons and magnetic adsorption,But it can't be used on other udemr 2.0 devices, because it uses wacom standard refill, which will cause cursor offset).
    [​IMG]

Zbook x2 original pen (single button + tail eraser shape is similar to wacom's penpro2, good holding feeling, the lowest activation pressure gram is the lowest 1 gram in the electromagnetic pen, the minimum force pressure transition is perfect,Size and weight are 163 x 9mm 12.3g).[​IMG]

Acer conceptd 9 original pen (Acer conceptd 9's pen is only available from some small supplier websites, such as zandparts. The pen body is 35 euros, and it has double buttons and magnetic adsorption. This is the best wacom UD EMR 2.0 electromagnetic pen).[​IMG]

4. starllcraft

Krita initial pressure sensing percentage value test:

Hp zbook x2 pen 0.1% iaf:
    [​IMG]

Wacom one dtc133 pen 13% iaf:
    [​IMG]
    Wacom pth660 pen 0.1% iaf:
    [​IMG]

5. dellaster

dellaster Creatively Talentless Senior Member

Thanks, @starllcraft

I have a handful of different EMR pens to use on my Boox Nova3. My top three: the Zbook X2 stylus is great, but too large to fit the case pen loop and also a bit larger than is comfortable for me when note taking. (I have the same problem with the Apple Pencil—too dang long and slippery!) The Samsung S6 Lite pen w/gray Zbook nib is pretty much perfect for notes, but… I have ended up with the Wacom One pen, Zbook gray nib, because it feels best in my hand when writing.

Diff’rent strokes for diff’rent folks, as usual. If I started trying to learn sketching I’d use the Zbook stylus, no question.

6. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Now this is the testing we've needed! Jolly good job!

nnthemperor and starllcraft like this.
  7. starllcraft

I like the zbook x2 pen best, but it is a bit long,For the convenience of storage, I will buy a pen clip that can be pasted on the device

[​IMG]

dellaster likes this.
  8. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I use one of these Toshiba EMR pens (circa 2004) on the Dell Canvas. -After two official Dell styluses died.

toshiba penabled stylus.jpg

They're becoming more rare on eBay, but still only about $20. Still the absolute best for pressure and response (for my style). Like drawing with a 2H pencil.

9. Hannibalj2

Hannibalj2 Pen Pal - Newbie

Didnt the Tecras use these one. I think those are the one for my M7. I still have my Tecra but it runs so hot and loud

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  10. starllcraft

My Dell canvas pen works very well. I'm not sure if the old UD EMR pen can have the low IAF (1% IAF) of the original Dell pen. The Dell pen has a layer of skin like material, which is very comfortable

Hannibalj2 and thatcomicsguy like this.