2019, the worst year for new personal tech since... 2018

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by lovelaptops, Feb 27, 2019.

1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

@Marty, take heart - there's
    You're a kind man, @JoeS ; you've given @Marty a reason to go on living - if barely!

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

First - I don't think MS gives a rat's patootie about back to school - they figure that is owned by Apple - besides they know students won't make any impact on their services business until they get PlayStation up to the cloud for them.

As for the oft delayed "major re-design" didn't I hear Satya say to Koh on the Samsung stage "Don't you guys make the Surface Pro?" Despite his reviled position in MS, Synofsky was the architect of the Surface brand under Ballmer. We ALL know that the Surface Pro should be like the original Thunderbird - rag top (type cover) with a hard top for tough weather (keyboard dock) - but MS is bent on building Edsels...

Don't despair @Marty - they'll have a lukewarm reveal in October at some weird cubbyhole while the rest of the tech press is going gaga over the MacBook Pro 16 and new iPads...

And how do I know I'm right - MS's biggest victory lap since 2018's reveal is the smallest runt in the litter - the Surface Go...

3. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Gotta love you guys...

"No, no, no, Marty! Don't do it!

...wait two months—and then do it." :D

dellaster, Steve S and JoeS like this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

You really should copywrite, trademark or patent, if they let you, the name IWin.. It's too perfect.

desertlap and dstrauss like this.
  5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I did check it out - there's an iWin.com gaming site of some sort - too good to be true (but I'm sure Timmy has the scratch to make it happen)...

Bronsky likes this.