2019 Microsoft tablets - what are your hopes?

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by doobiedoobiedum, Oct 5, 2019.

1. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

All the new Surface announcements 2019

Two things struck me from Brad Colbow's video - 1 Microsoft is going to support the non widescreen 3x2 format with things like the Surface Pro X and that the X uses a powerful ARM processor that Microsoft will hopefully develop to seriously rival the iPad and iPad Pro. What is promising is the X promises greater connectivity and a proper desktop style file and application management system.

All we really need now is for Microsoft to solve the ntrig jitter...

nnthemperor likes this.
  2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The new Surface pen does look more like the pencil, at least at the tip. Will have to wait for the reviews.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

3. Kumaiko

Kumaiko Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm so excited. I've been avoiding Microsoft Surface products because 1) price 2) N-Trig, but for me personally Surface Neo is too good to be passed. Like a dream come true. Sure hope N-Trig becomes better for me to not be afraid to try it out (laughs). Depending on how Neo comes out, I might wish for it or just look at the other Surface. Who knows yet.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  4. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think they went the right route with a hinge joining two screens - I'd have to have £1000 I didn't mind losing if I bought something where the actual screen bent.
    Out of curiosity, what do YOU want from the Neo? How do you see using it?

5. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I hope Clip Studio Paint in X86-32 emu is decently fast with SPX. That's what I hope for.

What I really hope for is for Celsys to recompile CSP for Modern UI side tbh...

6. Kumaiko

Kumaiko Pen Pal - Newbie

Agreed. As for your question...if I have Neo, I'll be using it for taking handwritten notes mostly, read things and do some normal productivity. And maybe drawing if possible. What I want has been granted so far (like the pen and magnetic keyboard), so...perhaps better N-Trig pen and good battery life. I can't think of anything else yet.

Ah yes, this. I pray for this as well. I can no longer live without CSP, so I'd be really happy if CSP runs well in Neo.
    yWriter as well, since I use that for writing...

Marty likes this.
  7. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Amen. (+1 for the tip on yWriter too.) :)

Out of curiosity, do any owners of the GB2 have experience using CSP? If it can run well on the SD855, that would make me extra hopeful for these upcoming Surfaces.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    WillAdams likes this.
  8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I was gonna "rent" something like the Lenovo Yoga C630 from Best Buy to test just that, but I've been "renting" things too much from Best Buy lately (especially since I just returned the Yoga A940 that I was gonna keep)...

9. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Lol, I think you're still good.

I mean it took like what 10 returns, for @dstrauss to become official BB "persona non grata"? :p

dstrauss and Shogmaster like this.
  10. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I just want Microsoft to relent on the stylus as 11th touch input scrolling but not selecting text, or to at a minimum provide a control panel option or registry edit to revert to the traditional behavior. I've tried, I simply can't bring myself to bother with a stylus with a button, or to go through the contortions necessary to select text since Fall Creator's Update.

https://github.com/TheJoeFin/Windows10-Community/issues/17

If that doesn't pan out, my hopes are that Apple will either relent and make a tablet MacBook, or that an iPad paired w/ a desktop Mac works out well.