2018 EMR Tablet Pen/Stylus Comparison

Discussion in 'Artists' started by artistebot, Apr 14, 2018.

1. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

Its time to update my pen comparison.

Lately there has been several new tablet devices that use Wacom EMR pen technology. Basically all the pens are the same technology that Samsung is using in their latest Galaxy Note 7/8, Tab S3 and Galaxy Book

The latest ones all have 4096 pressure levels, and support tilt. No batteries or sync needed...ever!

Note the Wacom Pro Pen is NOT compatible with non "wacom" branded products, I included it as comparison. All the tips are replaceable and compatible with others of the same size. The fine tip from the S3 or Noris works in the Zbook HP/Dell Pens and vice versa . The Wacom Bamboo and Samsung S-Pen w Eraser tips are not compatible with others. While they do work I would not recommend them due to a slight offset, that the newer ones don't have.

One thing of note in regards to the Wacom Bamboo / Samsung S-Pen w Eraser (as they are the older generation), is that tilt is recognized in the same way the newer pens do, so they may also register 4096 levels of pressure? The really old Cintiq UP-911E--02DD and Fujitsu Lifebook pens do NOT register tilt, and feel much less sensitive to pressure.

IMHO the two best Pen/Stylus is the HP Zbook X2 and the Steadtler Noris Digital.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  2. harrodeleted

harrodeleted Pen Pal - Newbie

Any chance you could do a side by side drawing comparison in clip studio (or photoshop)?

Thank you!

artistebot likes this.
  3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nice!

Thanks for this.

Quick question: There are a lot of different Wacom Bamboo pens. Can you give the product code or some specific identifier on the one in your collection? I'm thinking of picking one up.

Also... Does the Dell Active EMR pen have a button that was hidden in the photo, or does it simply just not have one, like the Staedtler 'pencil'? -Cuz that's a nice looking stylus also. (I'm currently using the rubberized Tab s3 Samsung Pen, and it's okay, but feels a little light in my hand.)

artistebot likes this.
  4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

artistebot likes this.
  5. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

The HP pen has no side button (like the Noris) , but does have a top button/eraser (unlike the Noris)

IMHO the Noris simply 'feels" the best with good balance.

ATIVQ is correct on the Wacom Feel.

6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

HP Pen or Dell Pen?

7. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Uh, the HP pen does have a side button, it's the plain rectangle in the middle of the rubberized grip area --- wish it was a rocker for two buttons though.

Agree the Noris feels the best.

8. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ok....somehow I totally missed the release of that Dell EMR Pen. Its using the same nibs as the Zbook x2....so this Pen should be fully Samsung/S-pen compatible.

The end of the pen though.....is that an Eraser or Button?