2011 Tm2/tm3

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by shi, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabletoman

Tabletoman Pen Pal - Newbie

I wait impatiently, I need a powerful, small tabletpc

I hope to equip sandy bridge and ati6xxx

2. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I hope for the following:

-A CPU that can outperform a Core 2 Duo T9300 (will Sandy Bridge do it?), along with an even better GPU than the HD 5450 (I'm hoping for NVIDIA this time due to driver reasons, but I doubt they'll switch.)
    -IPS or AFFS+ LCD for good viewing angles and image quality
    -More counterweight at the front so it doesn't tip back in one's lap; perhaps a slice battery instead of that battery hump?
    -USB 3.0, eSATA (still faster for file transfers), and ExpressCard at a minimum (If nothing else, ExpressCard alone can add the other two. Why'd they remove it coming from the old tx series?)

3. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

How about the option to configure it with a different colored case (this pink Aluminum, with etchings is a bit odd) And while we are at it, how about the option to have a 1 piece slate body as an option (instead of a convertible body)

Also dual power ports, so it is easy to use in portrait or landscape while plugged in.

And biggest of all, be able to configure it with a better screen (I'd pay $100 -250 for a good one)

It'll never happen though :(

4. wakeupneo

wakeupneo Scribbler - Standard Member

What you all want is a HP 2740p... 2750p... Whatever... what's coming next :p

Win7 native

5. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Even that won't have a good Graphics chip (well not that is gaming worthy) and plus it has a much cheaper construction (some of it is so it can be light weight, but they could have a nicer keyboard/ trackpad)

Also its about time we say a good backlight keyboard on a Tablet, so that too

6. shi

shi Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes i forgot about that. More than 2 points would be nice. I think some of these options are moving into a 27xxx territory as far as price goes but I would like some manufacturer to do it.
    If apple apple can make a make an air I hope that another company can make a thin tablet with reasonable performance and a good screen at a reasonable price.

7. Thom4s

Thom4s Scribbler - Standard Member

I move to apple with my next laptop ... with their increased gaming support and half decent dedicated graphics in their macbook ... im sold.

The only other thing might be a powerfull tablet with specialized dock that provides keyboard and mouse.

8. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Design is a matter of taste, but having owned every tablet Pc on the market today, I would say without a doubt that the HP 2740 is the most well-constructed and overall the most enjoyable user experience of any out there. It is extremely durable - made it through a series of Military Spec tests - and it has an amazingly comfortable keyboard - with a light! - and among the best screens in the business (if you get the outdoor screen) with nearly infinite viewing angles horizontal and vertical and bright, vivid colors that need only a crystal clear screen protector over their matte finish to look as sharp as a glossy screen.

The 2740 has it's problems, and quality control on it early on was not the best, but this product is already in its 4th year of production, with 3 refreshes and the originals are still very much in use. Why the "business" tablets never put discrete gpus in, at least as an option, must be the same reason they refuse (except the Fujitsu T730) to put HDMI ports, or even displayports, on them. I guess business people aren't supposed to watch movies or play games, even after hours, lol!

But the 2740 can be bought new from resellers for as little as $500 more than a fully discounted TM2 and the (weak) gpu and the HDMI port are truly the only aspects of the TM2 that the 2740 doesn't leave in the dust.

9. Tabletoman

Tabletoman Pen Pal - Newbie

It's what we all want, something like a Eb2740 with Sandy Bridge eb i5/7m USB3, hdmi, and switchable dedicated GPU, and its possibilities would be amazing

No rivals, because with these prices without a gpu is
    absolute crazy for my...

10. wakeupneo

wakeupneo Scribbler - Standard Member

Before buying the tm2 I was looking for a 13 inch touchscreened notebook. I even checked out some normal notebooks with touchscreen as an extra (I can clearly remember a HP one). As soon as I selected touchscreen, discrete graphics were gone... Why manufacturers, why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.