2 questions about my X201 tablet

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by shuozhifenxi, Dec 27, 2010.

1. shuozhifenxi

shuozhifenxi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone

I have just gotten my x201 tablet, and have 2 questions.

1. The screen has one dead pixel, is that common for x201t?

2. I found neither the pen nor the touch screen is accurate. And because you can not see the cursor before you touch the screen, it's hard to catch a button or a menu item by touching. I need to try several times to get it even after calibration. Is it common for you?

Thank you for your reply.

2. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

Pixel failures are not common for any modern display.

I'm using a borrowed x201t and find the pen is very accurate after calibration. Fingering small targets though will take some practice. I found that I need to aim a little bit high to hit the mark and sometimes have to poke a few times before I succeed.

3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

4. HoboJ

HoboJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Dead pixels are not at all common on modern displays. However my x201t I just got last week has 5 dead pixels on the screen which irked me a good bit. Luckily the screen is going to be replaced by lenovo as per their dead pixel policy. (3 or more = defective screen)

As for the pen and touch deal I too find them both to be frustrating at times. No matter how many times I calibrate the screen for pen or touch it just doesn't really help. I suspect I'm doing it wrong but I can't find any guide to calibrating the display so I guess I gotta live with it.

5. canderled

canderled Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,
    i just want to share my experience:)

I got my x201t mid-december and first time i power it up i saw one bright pixel(same as black dead pixel but it's very bright and don't change color).
    i checked the screen carefully and found 2 "bad pixel" (giving bad colors: black on red screen for instance) and several pixels brighter than the others.
    only the bright pixel was annoying but i contacted lenovo then the seller.
    The seller took it back and replaced the screen (lenovo was also ok to replace the screen within warranty but i had already send the unit back to the seller).

i now have a screen without deadpixel :)

about calibration, i found the latest wacom driver giving good calibration but i couldn't have pressure under paint tool sai with them, so i reinstall older one (5.1.1) which are not very good :/

6. dupain

dupain Pen Pal - Newbie

The probleme with dead pixel is that it's mental after. If you think about it then you will notice it all day long.
    I am glad I don't have any one.
    What is not common is that it's not in the Lenovo warranty at this price level.
    Dell or Eizo for exemple change your screen if you have a single dead pixel