2-GB SD card in T4220 reader

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by wmm, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wmm

wmm Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the SD card reader in the T4220 supposed to be able to handle 2-GB SD cards? (Note, this is a standard SD card, not an SDHC card.)

When I insert my 2-GB SD card, I hear the "ba-boink" sound indicating that Windows recognizes something has been added, but the card never appears in the Explorer window. I know the card reader is working for smaller cards because I can use it just fine to access a 1-GB micro-SD card in an SD adapter.

Do I need to configure something or update a driver or some such in order to be able to access my 2-GB SD card? It's a pain to have to carry around an external card reader (in which the card works fine, BTW).;

2. phuoc

phuoc Pen Pal - Newbie

same problem here, but it seems like the t4220 accepts only brand cards. i have a 2gb no name, which it wont read. i hear the sound etc., but no files. if i insert a 2gb *brand* (dont remember which one), it worked. thats my experience, if some1 has a solution let us know.

3. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Likewise here. Strange thing is, it used to be able to read my generic 1GB SD card, my 2GB Sandisk SD Plus (with USB port) and my 2GB ExtremeIII, as well as all manner of SD adapters; now it only reads the ExtremeIII. I'm using a USB card reader for the rest at the moment.

Once my exams are over I'm considering a reformat, I suspect it could be a driver or hardware problem, but it used to work fine so I don't think it's hardware.

4. ryguy7

ryguy7 Pen Pal - Newbie

I had a similar problem with a 4gb sd card I had. When I first got my tablet it would make a sound when I put in the card and even show up under my computer, but only for a split second then disappear.

This problem can be solved by updating your drivers.

5. wmm

wmm Pen Pal - Newbie

The problem appears to have fixed itself; I can now access my 2GB SD card just fine. I'm guessing that the automatic driver update may have installed a driver, but I can't check -- the driver update icon has disappeared from my system tray, and when I try to run it from the Start menu it says that it's already running. Oh, well...

6. SuperFlyBoy

SuperFlyBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

I am having the same problem with my HP nw8000 - I am able to open the "drive" of the SDCard (SanDisk ExtremeIII, 2GB) and only *some* of the thumbnails are seen!

Put it into another USB reader, and everything is normal! :eek:

Don't know what's happening here....

7. mayhem_sci

mayhem_sci Pen Pal - Newbie

I have exactly the same problem with my T4220. I have tested 3 cards: a normal 2gb kingston, a 120X 2gb sandisk, and a Extreme III 4gb sandisk sdhc. The only that works is the Extreme III. And my Update Navi says no update needed. This is too mysterious.

8. nwflyboy

nwflyboy Pen Pal - Newbie

FWIW, I just tested mine and it seems to work fine. Nearly-new 4220 (I've had it about a week, all updates to Vista applied, only a handful of apps installed). Only SD card I've tried worked just fine: SanDisk Ultra II 2 gig SD.

Good luck with yours.

9. wmm

wmm Pen Pal - Newbie

As it turns out, mine wasn't fixed; it's just that the problem is intermittent. The first time I tried it, the 2GB card just wouldn't work. When I tried it a few days later, it worked fine. Today, I had to plug and unplug it a half-dozen times before it was recognized. I'm not sure what that means; maybe I'll talk to Fujitsu support about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.