2.4 Ghz and 2.3 Ghz on 2500tx no longer available

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by billycat, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirjaume

sirjaume Pen Pal - Newbie

Things are changing and the highest specs of our new 2500 are being out of configuration.i wonder why?
    I already have ordered my 2.4 ghz 2500:in fact i use to underclock it always on my 1300tx and i will use this peak 2.4 ghz just when i ll need

2. evensong

evensong Pen Pal - Newbie

That is odd. Maybe they are out of stock. I love my 2.4 GHz =)

3. st1tcount

st1tcount -Classified Information-

Someone else posted the same thing and they reached the same "Out of Stock" conclusion. Thats a little sad IMO...out of stock after 1 week of ordering :(. If you want slightly higher battery life you can go for the 2.1 Ghz processor or wait around for them to restock.

4. pardes3

pardes3 Scribbler - Standard Member

no one has called to confirm they are simply out of stock? or is there some other reason ? Maybe they run too hot? maybe they don't want to offer high end processor as of yet ?

5. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, the build times went from 2 weeks to over a month a few days after the $500 coupon was released. So, that pretty much indicates lack of supply. Of course, the coupon also meant that most people who would have otherwise settled with the 2.1 or the 2.2GHz processors went in for the 2.4GHz...considering that the Ultra's were only announced during the first week of June the supply might not have been up to full speed to meet the extra demand.

BTW, the 2.3GHz was never an option for the CTO models. It seems to be only available in the retail pre-configured models.

6. pardes3

I just chatted with their Live assistance and they have no clue... dumbest person I have ever talked to. When I asked why is it not available, the reply was this laptop is only offered with what you see on the website. I just ended the session.

7. billycat

billycat Pen Pal - Newbie

Yep. One of the first things I did to make the $1399 cut off for the $500 coupon was to bump the processor up to 2.4GHz. I suspect many did the same. I would not be surprised if the sale of 2.4 systems during this period is considerably heavier than the 2.1GHz.

8. Nyture

Nyture Scribbler - Standard Member

Howdy, just wanted to let yall know it was me who had posted the update about the 2.4ghz no longer being available. After talking with a number of people, several of whom appeared to be unintelligable I finally got the answer out of one that the 2.4ghz is simply out of stock but they said they didnt not have a date of when they would be available again. I'm better the 2.4ghz processor will be available again July 1st (or basically as soon as the coupon is no longer good). Of course who am I to say. :) I saw someone on ebay with a fully decked tx2500 for around $1299 w/ 7 available. Sadly no coupon discount (about $100 more) but hey, we all have to make a profit somehow eh';?

9. billycat

billycat Pen Pal - Newbie

Ugh now we know why the delivery times are so long and 2.4 is no longer available.:mad:

10. pardes3

I love the 2.4 ... would not settle for anything lower :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.