1st Gen TM2, did you update to Windows 8.1 ?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Genjinaro, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A30N

A30N Technologist

I mean the HP ProtectSmart driver. I have a CAB file that I extract, and then in Device Manager, I update the Unknown Device manually, and point it to the extracted files.

The only ATI drivers that I've been able to install successfully are the HP ones. The Microsoft drivers and latest AMD drivers install, but with errors that prevent the device from fully working. I haven't had a problem with Netflix using the HP drivers; if you don't need multi touch on the laptop, then you can just install the drivers in Windows 7 compatibility mode as outlined on page 2 of this thread, and then select the ATI graphics in the Switchable Graphics program.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

Got some progress

Uten navn.jpg

read below for cleaning the system first

Files needed:
    1.install HP ATI package sp50254.exe win 7 compatibility mode.
    Extract the exe and put the setup in compatibility mode with admin.
    drlrct custom install and install everything,

Test that switching works.

2.AMD Catalyst 12.x (8.951.1 March 3rd) Win V/7/8 Unofficial BETA

extract it and use compatibility+admin on the setup. Select custom install, and ONLY instal video and audio drivers. The screen will turn black, wait 10 min and hard reboot. Now the new drivers should be installed.

3.ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Get the NON UPD Build. install with custom mode, and ONLY select catalyst control center.

Now ccc should also work, I tried switching and it works 50-60% of the time, you can turn it off in ccc. If it doesnt work, you can manually try to do it in ccc, You should get a warning that it will switch. Just testing it sometimes seems to help.

To clean up registry use driver fusion (ati+intel) and Display Driver Uninstaller
    in safe mode. Also in safe mode use aSimple CleanUP Utility and aSimple Driver Cleaner found in the folder "DX9 Switcher BETA 9.10.4" from "Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU".

Malangyar likes this.
  3. vicedens2002

vicedens2002 Pen Pal - Newbie

The HP ATI package sp50254.exe itself works well. Why to install the rest ? Are those updated drivers or adds any additional functionality ?

4. Malangyar

Malangyar Pen Pal - Newbie

They're updated drivers. I don't know which extra features and performance they add.

5. mirroalex

mirroalex Pen Pal - Newbie

I have tm2 core i5 430u with hybrid graphics intel+ati 5450, I have clean installed windows 8.1 followed instruction I mean I disabled automatic driver founding and ... but when I want to install ati hybrid driver default hp one sp50254 I have problem that driver doesn't detect my device look at pictures... any solution? 1.jpg 2.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.