1st Gen TM2, did you update to Windows 8.1 ?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Genjinaro, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genjinaro

Genjinaro Wireless Addict

I know this forum is practically dead but if anyone upgraded, I just want to know if it messed up any drivers/functions at all.

2. Arizone

Arizone HP tm2t-1000

Since I installed the Windows 8.1 preview on top of my previous Windows 8 install through the Store app, I have not noticed any issues. Any issues would probably be he same as with Windows 8, like graphics drivers being a pain in the ass to install or upgrade.

3. A30N

A30N Technologist

Ok, I've just installed Windows 8.1, and I had to install the modem, accelerometer, and hybrid graphics driver from Windows 7, but everything else seems to work fine. Remember to set the compatibility settings to Windows 7 and run them as Administrator. It's extremely smooth and fast! I have the SU9600 processor, 8GB RAM, 64GB SSD, Gobi 2000 modem/gps, and no biometric scanner.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  4. DrumComputer

DrumComputer Pen Pal - Newbie

I just went from Windows 8 to 8.1 and upon booting and going to the desktop it said that Catalyst Control Center needed to be reinstalled. I uninstalled all the ATI stuff and tried reinstalling the ATI Display Drivers that worked fine for Windows 8 (using Windows 7 compatibility mode and running as Admin) and now it always hangs when "Analyzing - Enumerating Install Media".

Can someone point me to a display driver that will actually work? I need the HDMI output since I use it to watch media on my TV.

Thanks,
    DC

5. bassie1234567

bassie1234567 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've installed windows 8.1, and the graphics sorta work. I had the same issue as DC, but I resolved it by uninstalling all AMD components (through the windows program uninstaller). during the installation, the computer blacked out for 20 seconds or so (don't get alarmed immediately). Only issue is switching to the power saving GPU from the High Performance seems to freeze the PC. I'll post if I resolve it... any ideas?

6. newr

newr Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a tm2t-2100 running windows 8 upgraded from windows 7. I tried to upgrade to 8.1 but after running all night...the screen seems to go blank. I had to pull the plug and it reverted back to windows 8. Did you guys have trouble with the upgrade process?

7. X-Sonic

X-Sonic Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Guys,

I created this group on FB (a private one) where people who's having problem with 8,1 can help each others.

I'm from Italy and I'm looking for a solution with the Video driver.

Here's the group's link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/610284739017786/

Hoping that would be useful :)

8. edtechdev

edtechdev Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same issue - the ATI control center wouldn't install.
    I'll try it with windows 7 compatibility checked.

But in the meantime, the only way I can run the computer is either A) unplug it before starting it up, to force it to not use the ATI card or B) hold down F8 when it first starts and go through the options to get it to start in protected mode, recovery mode or whatever it's called

9. Malangyar

Malangyar Pen Pal - Newbie

HP TM2 1090eo here, just installed Windows 8.1 yesterday. Booted up fine etc, but ATI control center seems to be broken, can't open it. There is also an exclamation mark next in Device Manager next to the ATI display adapter, indicating something is wrong. Also, the laptop seems to be running hot and with regular intervals the fan suddenly starts spinning at full speed.

EDIT: Okay, I did the following:
    1. Uninstalled ATI drivers from Programs and features.
    2. Installed Driver Fusion and booted into safe mode.
    3. Removed AMD and Intel display drivers using Driver fusion and booted into Windows 8.1 again
    4. Downloaded and installed latest ATI drivers form HP (sp50254.exe) in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Exclamation mark is now gone from Device manager, however I can still not access the ATI control center or switch graphics. I will update later in regards to whether or not the fan still freaks out.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  10. jonpet

jonpet Scribbler - Standard Member

Installed 8.1 over 8 and also got that ati driver mess, so back to it again to get it to install.

To add to your list : Also run driver fusion in normal mode to uninstall amd + intel drivers.
    Also try Genetix Cleaner v5.01

So now to try installing ati update using my old post

edit..

got to install 8.951.1/8.951.1-120305, it switches to intel on battery. But ccc will not install.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    Malangyar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.