1G|2G Tm2 - Benchmarks Thread

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Seketh, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxPowers

MaxPowers Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been out of the loop for a bit. I have the 9600 with ATI and 4gig ram. It seems the performance b/w the 1st gen and 2nd gen Tm2 is about the same? I love my Tm2 and must have gotten lucky with the build quality. It is starting to lag a little bit after having it for a couple months, but I may just need to reformat and get the HP bloatware off it of it.

2. Oliver Beyer

Oliver Beyer Scribbler - Standard Member

You can change the 3DMark06-score for the SU7300 from 3150 to 3218 (score increase by the new Catalyst 10.7a over the old 9.7) ...

[​IMG]

3. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

You could also update the SU9600's WPrime score. Make it 52 seconds.

4. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

Thanks for the benchmarks, but could you test any of the games?

I've updated the table with your results and I tested Dawn of War II and GTA IV.

With the settings I posted, GTA IV is surprisingly playable if you lower the res to 1024x768!

5. Oliver Beyer

Oliver Beyer Scribbler - Standard Member

We can. The only game I can test from the list though is Company of Heroes. Using the very same settings you posted the performance test of the game gave me ...

min: 14.6 / max: 61 / ave: 33

... so you can add 33fps for the SU7300 powered TM2 for COH.

With maxed out settings (effects density and fidelity on ultra instead of high and model details maxed out) I get 11.6 / 61 / 31.6 instead of the values above. So you can easily max out COH in respect to settings.

For Starcraft you can add ~20fps for the SU7300. Usually it's pretty solid at around 25 but sometimes there are bad drops in singleplayer. So I'd say the average of 20 would be a fair value. Same settings with medium using ultra textures.

I'm somewhat surprised to see DOW2 gives you pretty much the same framerate as COH does. When I tried DOW2 on my TM2 some months ago it was pretty much unplayable.

6. jkenny23

jkenny23 Scribbler - Standard Member

Here's my benchmarks for GTA IV, same settings as you had (using Fraps during normal gameplay):

(1280*800)
    Min, Max, Avg
    9, 22, 16.457

(1024*768)
    Min, Max, Avg
    9, 28, 17.290

Running on a tm2-1000CTO - SU7300, 3GB, WD 250GB, Radeon 4550, Catalyst 10.7a.

7. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Awesome piece of work, Seketh! Tried to give you a rep pt., but apparently the last one I gave on TPCR was to you!

People in the HP TPCR threads are incredibly STINGY with rep pts :( C'mon folks, little credit where due! :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

@ Seketh: Would it be a good idea use a few paragraphs of your Original Post to list Battery Life tests? Or should there be a different thread about it? In a way, Battery life tests are benchmarks. Another thing, consider resizing your tables. :)

I tested the battery of TM2-SU7300 for the first time this weekend. I got 6h 20min browsing and emailing. Some audio streaming from BBC, but no video at any moment. Bluetooth and Webcam have been always off. Intel Graphics loaded. Brightness at 30%. CPU, GPU and Wireless at maximum savings.

I'll perform another test later this week with with some video streaming from YouTube.

9. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

Hey, I've been away on vacations...

It would be interesting to have battery time results!

I think that the best way to measure battery life of each config is for users to use the recently posted Battery Timer, and post a screenshot of the time achieved up until 5% remaining of battery life. The best time of each config goes on the chart.

Since there are lots of variables that can influence battery life, it's just better to have the best time posted. Users can optimize their systems based on that value.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. mirroalex

mirroalex Pen Pal - Newbie

anyone tested GTA IV with core i5 and ati5450 ? benchmarks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.