$191 64gb Vivotab Note 8, get going!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by spinedoc77, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Caldeio

Caldeio Pen Pal - Newbie

Early bLACK FTIDAY DEALS, SAW IT ON THE AMaZON deals list.
    Im having problems with my uppercase key, it likes to stick on? Very wierd

2. jaekqubp

jaekqubp Pen Pal - Newbie

3. jaekqubp

That's eXCITING news.

4. jaekqubp

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  5. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's not a "they raised the price". That's a "Amazon is out-of-stock and the resellers are now gouging for whatever they can get."

One can't help but wonder if Amazon is now out-of-stock 'cause of people buying the machines on speculation (esp. those who were buying on one listing and selling on the other).

6. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

I wouldn't say that the resellers are "gouging." They are selling it for it's normal market price. Most retailers of this device, sell it north of $300. Check just about any website.

The real mystery is why Amazon was selling it the 64BG version for an unusually low price of $229. That price could be considered "dumping."

7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yea it basically had been on a better than black Friday deal already. I honestly would have been fairly surprised to see it drop significantly. Kind of ironic though that black Friday marks the end of the deal (at least temporarily).

8. Caldeio

Caldeio Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm glad I got this tablet when I did then! It's back up to t100 prices.

Just got my matte joto screen protector today, wow I like it a lot better than normal. It feels more accurate on my presses with pen and touch. less glare and the finger prints! It does have a slight fuzz, but the fingerprints before where terrible.

9. jaekqubp

Yes, it seemed ironic to me, as well.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

10. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

As I've been vacillating about whether to spring for one, I've seen lots of fluctuation in price. After the Black Friday *JUMP* in price on Amazon, I've seen one of the two 32 GB listings on Amazon (and why are there two listings of each model, anyway?) drop down to $199 for all of an hour or two the day before yesterday, only to jump back up to $249ish again. Then, yesterday, I found an Amazon preorder option tucked away under the third party vendors for one of the 64 GB models at $220. I put it in my cart, got cold feet b/c of the cable issues, and when I came back to my Amazon cart it had been moved to the "save for later" section and the deal was no longer available.
    So, I've decided that if I see it for ridiculously cheap (say $180-200 for 32 GB or $200-$240 for 64 GB), I'll spring for one. If not, though, I don't think it's worth it given the cable failure and other issues.