$191 64gb Vivotab Note 8, get going!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by spinedoc77, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canuck

Canuck Pen Pal - Newbie

I have to thank spindoc77 for starting this thread. I ended up getting a 64gb model from Amazon at the $229 price last month. Amazingly, the total after tax/customs/shipping to Canada was still only about $250 USD. For that price, I'm willing to play the digitizer failure lottery. Unbeatable compared to the usual $430 CAD price (tax *not* included) which had kept me from buying. I barely use my laptop now after a few weeks with it.

Mine was an 05/2015 manufacture date, for the record.

2. Dave47

Dave47 Pen Pal - Newbie

For reference: Amazon price for the AVN8 is now $359 in the US. Been that way for at least a week now. It's really gone up in price in recent days. As others have mentioned it **was** as low as $229.

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Tiger Direct has it bundled with McAfee Software for $279 and there is a $70 rebate deal. So, bottom line could be $209 if you ever get the rebate. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ffiliateID=TnL5HPStwNw-_22ZM4vwDaURXIN9K6onPA

4. Dave47

Dave47 Pen Pal - Newbie

Sounds good but....

The AVN8 is a 32GB model and: "This rebate is in USD currency and may be paid with a prepaid reward card." Why the "may" I wonder.

Plus the rebate information is kinda confusing. No doubt on purpose. ;)

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I never bite on rebate deals because I've had too many of them just not appear. After a year of so you loose track. Yea, the 32 GB is a bit light on storage.

SAM 2013 and Dave47 like this.
  6. Dave47

Dave47 Pen Pal - Newbie

Amazon (US) today: $229 for the 64GB AVN8. That's $130 less than a few days ago and what the price was a few weeks ago. Wonder why the price bounces around so much. Also feel for the folks who bought one last week.

Mesosphere likes this.
  7. hollo

hollo Pen Pal - Newbie

It's $229 again on Amazon!!! (gonna drive me crazy) I'm so tempted. Got one for my mom at that price but was holding off getting one for myself. Ended up getting myself a Surface Pro 3 recently. Now this $229 is really tempting... hmmm...

8. Dave47

Dave47 Pen Pal - Newbie

I think there's something wrong on Amazon WRT the AVN8's price(s). When I looked today and lately the price is $338.88. But wait, below this one is another - what is called a new model - for $229.00. It's been like that for a few weeks now. BTW, there ain't no "new AVN8 model" that I'm aware of, thus the "something wrong" above.

Wonder if anyone has clicked on the "new model" for $229 and actually purchased one.

9. hollo

hollo Pen Pal - Newbie

No idea. I think you could but I haven't pulled the trigger myself.
    It'll be more tempting if this is a new production and they did fix the pen problem.
    As for the link, I think I did add the $229 one correctly.

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

I doubt it is a new "fixed" production. We've thought that many times before with later and later production dates. Every time it seems people report pen problems... Not that I personally care anymore. It takes ~5-10 minutes to fix =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.