$191 64gb Vivotab Note 8, get going!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by spinedoc77, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackyhk

Jackyhk Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, that, so it's MUCH easier to return/exchange when you have a physical store. Plus there is a 10% extra discount on the price difference. But also, since Amazon is the source of the major discount, it's normal to suspect their units are likely to have higher failure rates.....compared to Staples whom is selling regular units for MSRP... so yeah.

Consider this tablet is far from perfect in build quality, having physical store is just that much nicer when you are managing a defective unit. That's just me, but it's something to think about.

2. jb82

jb82 Scribbler - Standard Member

There is some discrepency between the warranty card in the box I received and the one on the website. The web version agrees with what you were told. Did you provide Lily with your vivotab serial number - sounds like you never bought one? I gave Ellie a Vivotab serial number so it should be accurate. I received a replacement and the warranty card is the same as with my original one

New build I just received is 2014/04 from Amazon.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    Bronsky likes this.
  3. bugelrex

bugelrex Scribbler - Standard Member

However, since Staples don't sell this instore, you may have to 'ship' it back if the store won't take it. And exchange instore is not possible. Amazon has a crazy crazy good customer service

4. Jackyhk

Jackyhk Pen Pal - Newbie

I did send the e-mail with serial number attached, actually, which was why the response you got sounded a little ridiculous to me. I send them the questions via the technical support page from their Asus website, so they should have known the exact product that I was asking about. Plus, the fact she answered all of my questions properly, it was natural for me to just assume her answers were genuine.

But it is weird if the physical card said otherwise. I am slightly worried now. I never bothered to check my card in the box and I don't have the box with me now. One of the customer service response must have been very very wrong; we are just not sure which one.

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I would not put it past Asus to issue different warranties to units sold at a normal price or a bulk dump of a model about to be replaced by another.

6. Jackyhk

Jackyhk Pen Pal - Newbie

Just e-mailed Asus again to gave me a definite confirmation on the availability of world-wide warranty, and they said this tablet has one-year world-wide outside of US. So it should be safe if you are looking for international warranty.

7. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

I remember seeing mention to International Warranty on NewEgg's website once. But perhaps that only applied to that particular SKU selling there at that time...

8. Fret44

Fret44 Pen Pal - Newbie

It looks like the $229 units have gone out of stock completely at Amazon.

It'll be interesting to see what they sell new units for once they come back into the warehouses.

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The new bunny is great. Have we ever updated your WPrime benchmark thread with the new Bay Trials?

10. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Thanks!

Not yet. I haven't updated that thread in a while. It was quite difficult to get those submissions. For 90% of them, I had to PM forum members and ask them to run the benchmarks. Many times, I had to PM 4 owners of the same device XYZ and ask each of them to run the benchmarks on their machines. However, only one of them would eventually reply! That thread was built on lots of "coerced volunteering". :D

Once I get my TP10 (or Helix, or SP1), I'll add a few more benches to the thread -- if people submit new WPrime and WEI results.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.