$191 64gb Vivotab Note 8, get going!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by spinedoc77, Jul 11, 2014.

1. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey guys, I just bought a Vivotab Note 8 for $191 and thought I'd share the deal with you guys. I know there are digitizer issues but for this price I don't mind if Asus fixes it and keeps it for a month. Also it seems there is an updated cable that fixes the digitizer issues. Worst case I'll throw squaretrade on it so I'm safe for 2 years, although I doubt I'll keep it that long.

Amazon has these for $229 here: Amazon.com : ASUS VivoTab Note M80TA-C1-BK 8" Tablet with Integrated Professional Wacom Stylus, 64GB : Computers & Accessories

On top of that Staples will offer 110% price match guarantee for back to school, make sure you clarify that this is sold and shipped from Amazon themselves so they have to honor this. They have it listed for $403 with free shipping. After the 20% off, and after tax my total came out to $191.61 in NJ.

Have fun!!

Bronsky, jaekqubp and Canuck like this.
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I wonder what caused them to drop the price like that? Are the digitizer problems hurting sales?

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yea, my friend found that and bought one a couple hours ago. She said it was $100 price drop from what she had in her cart.

4. hollo

hollo Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the tips! Though it didn't come down that low for me. Where did you get that extra 20%? They only did 10% of difference.

:thumbsup:

Mesosphere likes this.
  5. jb82

jb82 Scribbler - Standard Member

Tried to get staples to price match online since I cannot leave the house today. They said my request was submitted to some department to check it out and it will be looked into within 3-4 hours. I doubt that is going to work out so ended up buying on amazon. Still a good price if it wasn't for the 2-4 week delivery but hopefully that is because it is for a new batch of working digitizers units - one can hope...

Amazon are always fantastic for returns so I am willing to pay a premium for that considering the fail rate of these.

Thanks for the heads up. I was seriously considering trying this one for the third time but the price was putting me off. Got a dell venue pro 8 for $130 but the pen is rubbish. At over double the price i'd rather put up with a rubbish pen but for $70 or so extra it is worth another shot.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  6. spinedoc77

That's odd, they did mine right away over chat. Staples specifically mentions Amazon.com so this is as legitimate of a price match as you can get.

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Wouldn't it be funny if our griping is responsible for driving the price down just when Asus solved our concerns?

spinedoc77 likes this.
  8. connman

connman Scribbler - Standard Member

I have a sneaking suspicion that Asus will cease production of these puppies very shortly.

Or there is a brand new revision coming and they are clearing stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. spinedoc77

I wouldn't be surprised at a brand new revision.

edit: If this was the case though, why is Amazon the only one with it cheap? Staples still has it at $403, MS store at $339, etc. Amazon is now sold out and it's back to $339.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  10. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

I wouldn't be surprised with a brand new revision and a different flaw.... Welcome to Asus.