17 fps WoW

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by herukuti, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herukuti

herukuti Pen Pal - Newbie

is there anything i can do to increase my performance on wow. i have the first gen ati card and the game is being outputted through the vga input, should i use hdmi or are there settings i should change to increase the fps?

2. Cyanopsis

Cyanopsis Pen Pal - Newbie

the output won´t do anything to your fps. Whats the exact model of your card?

3. herukuti

herukuti Pen Pal - Newbie

4550 with su96 and 8gb of ram. i have a constant 20fps with fair settings across the board now. its playable but feels bad on the controls and i would like it to feel smother.

4. Seketh

Seketh Moderator Moderator

What resolution are you using on the external monitor/tv? 1920x1080 (1080p) might be too much for the 4550 to handle. Try to lower it to 1280x720 (720p).

If available, you should always use HDMI.

5. Cyanopsis

Cyanopsis Pen Pal - Newbie

For what understand, Wow has been designed to be playable on lesser hardware (so that ppl in countries with other economies can play it). That might have changed from the beginning though, I dunno with the expansions. You should be able to get good fps IMO.

Have done any benchmarking?

6. swidwaks

swidwaks Scribbler - Standard Member

I too am on the old ATI and have tweaked the game settings to get somewhere around 32+fps,.. or at least that's what I was getting in Durotar today.

I'm sure big cities might not be as good. Dunno, I'm on a trial account not sure if I'm gonna stick around or not.

Oh one more thing that might help. I downloaded this software called game booster. Just using the free version I was able to boost my performance on all games somewhat significantly. I think it helps tm2's especially because of our slow processors. I've been using it for a while, certainly couldn't hurt. Moved Fallout3 (on low graphics settings) from unplayable to "good enough."

Game Booster 2.0 Free Download, Speed Up PC for Top Gaming Performance

The free version is more than sufficient, though the full version seems to be on sale at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.