17.5 Inch Samsung Galaxy View Rumors

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by paprikaleapt, Apr 23, 2019.

1. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

https://liliputing.com/2019/04/17-5...tablet-with-a-kickstand-on-the-way-leaks.html

[​IMG]

"kickstand has also been redesigned so that the device doesn’t actually lie flat when it’s folded up, it rests at a 30 degree angle instead"

"will be a version that supports AT&T’s network"

I guess it's time we switched to AT&T. There's no choice.

17.5 inches- nothing else will be big enough for the eyes. Denying it heresy.

I'm just going to carry this on the bus and then remember that the SB2 15 inch screen is smaller but brighter and higher res.

Truly though, I think this will be quite fun to use. Weren't TV's back in the old days only 17 ish inches or less? I think there is such a sized screen for a CRT in my parent's house.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    nnthemperor and thatcomicsguy like this.
  2. paprikaleapt

If there was a non-stylus Android app I thought was fantastic, I would maybe get this.

Hard to justify getting something like this for youtube and reddit on a 1080p screen when I have a 4k tv connected to a laptop with wireless keyboard though.

Without a killer android app I'm interested ( a game maybe?), what would be some ways this is better than the LG gram 17 laptop which also gives you a lightweight 17 inch screen?

It's odd though- doesn't Samsung have a deal with Wacom? I wonder if they could cut into artist territory if they just added a stylus. The video makes it look like the device is a "grab this little TV around the house" kind of device. However, such a friendly family device is not allowed in my cave of tablets I call my apartment.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    WillAdams likes this.
  3. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If this was a Microsoft product it would be the Surface Silverado :)

nnthemperor likes this.
  4. paprikaleapt

5. desertlap

I just have visions of someone toting one of these around in to coffee shops and so forth and watching videos and making phone calls with it, some what like some who drag their gigantic Alienware laptops in places where they don't fit.. At least here in the US

The Silverado reference was that this is kind of like the 2500 HD of tablets. I.E a ginormous pickup set next to a Prius.

I do think they missed an opportunity here though. If they added SPEN support someone like my daughter would buy one as a big drawing canvas.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  6. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Do you know if the USB-C port at least supports video input this time around? There are many of these types of portable monitors that are gaining popularity, I wonder why Samsung would lock itself out of this market.

Perhaps you could give feedback to your Samsung rep for a "Pro" version with S-pen capability and Cintiq-mode support (HDMI/DP alt-mode + touch/pen PC input via USB-C). :)

WillAdams and thatcomicsguy like this.
  7. desertlap

I talked with our Samsung rep yesterday and asked about this. It does not support USB-C input.

This was made specifically for AT&T and is meant primarily as a DirecTv device.

paprikaleapt and Marty like this.
  8. paprikaleapt

I've got it- candy crush 17 inch, it's gonna be awesome.

I guess I'm just not the target audience. Maybe someone in the kitchen and toting it around a house often would like something like this.

Someone who live in a house with plenty of open space/rooms would like this product so they can continuously binge TV while doing mundane tasks

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  9. RXP

RXP Pen Pal - Newbie

I wish this had OLED!