13"

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kurt corbin, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Wow! Thanks for the detailed table! This really great, especially the notes about the lighting conditions. :thumbsup:

As a side note, my lighting condition with the Z Canvas was no overhead lighting, by the window, indirect sunlight. (Square 1 stays distinctly visible until ~23%, and barely discernible until ~15%.)

What tools are you using to adjust the gamma curve (eg. Intel graphics control panel, Windows calibration, HP-provided software?)

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

..."and how much you ask for it?" ;)

3. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

intel graphics primarily.

If you are careful and both take your time and do it under neutral lighting conditions (so not under office fluorescent bulbs or home incandescent, you can get very close with the windows calibration

Marty likes this.
  4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

What are you using to calibrate - the Windows gamma calibration seems extremely vague...

5. desertlap

Sorry sometimes all the various settings and controls across various platforms all blur together in my head:eek:

Best way is through Windows display management

Path is settings>display>advanced display settings >display adapter properties for display 1 > color management tab> click the color management button > click the calibrate display button which then gets you to a wizard that will walk you through it.

Obviously by burying it so deep they don't want people doing it on a whim.... :)

JoeS likes this.
  6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Yea - and as I said, it is EXTRAORDINARILY subject method of setting gamma with for grayscale bullseyes...

lovelaptops likes this.
  7. desertlap

I know this is old school photography but do you have an 18% gray card by some off chance?

Alternately since you have an iPad pro 11 and it's already very color accurate out of the box, you could display on both systems and use the iPad as reference
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?...470AF4D13AA01B5D7951D84B117C5A997&FORM=IQFRBA

8. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Always thought that was suspect; never found even terribly miscalibrated screens showed the "bullseyes" were way off, needed much adjustment. Somewhere I have a calibration device...

9. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Drag. And here I was ready to splurge on this and justify it by...well, never mind that. Still, I won't buy it until I find out if you still own/like it in 3-4 weeks. Oh well, time may wait for no one, but it sure takes its sweet time when you really want to buy a new toy :D.

10. desertlap

You know even as I was talking about it I realize how easy it is for me to take for granted the tools we have for stuff like this, having a color calibration device GREATLY simplifies it. We have the high end Spyder in the office, but even the lower end consumer model does a great job (and the one I have at home for my personal systems)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...de-20&linkId=40d97558cd1df5f236045ad3cf695ebb

neongolden and lovelaptops like this.