13"

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kurt corbin, Sep 30, 2019.

1. gman713

gman713 Pen Pal - Newbie

I noticed something weird with my Geekbench 5 results with my core i7 10th gen Spectre. It seems like it dropped from over 4,000 multi core score to around 3300. What's stranger is my son's early 2019 Razer Blade Stealth is scoring a 4300 multi core score on the same test. It's an 8th gen processor. My Spectre is on the charger and set to high performance. Any ideas?

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Any ideas?..>>

Try the test again, but this time with your Spectre plugged into its AC adapter.

My ZBook X2 won't shift into turbo unless it has external AC power...

3. gman713

gman713 Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried it again plugged in. I think it was lower due to HDR turned on. I got a 1200 single core and 4300 multi core score this time. However my Open CL score went from 10000 to only 3300. I'm not sure what happened with my graphics. I downloaded the latest graphics from Intel and it says all of my drivers are up-to-date.

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Windows X 2004 Warning:

Others may have been lucky, but my upgrade is slow; locks up randomly and always when coming out of sleep; after restart sometimes applications won't start when click on icon in taskbar (can click on Outlook, OneNote, Chrome, Edge, Word, you name it, and they won’t open).

Rolled back to 1909 - everything is smooth, fast, back to normal. Goes in and out of sleep without locking up or screen freezing; applications open from taskbar and start menu just like always -

NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME EVEN NOW (isn't it nearly 20-08 already?)

doobiedoobiedum and lovelaptops like this.
  5. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Oh man, that sux. Maybe they've targeted you for your, ahem, passionate views about their missteps :rolleyes:. More seriously, did you force-upgrade or did WU "offer" it? Mine still isn't allowing it but I've presumed that's due to my dread Optane cache - talk about the Wintel curse. Maybe someone should start a thread about that ;).

dstrauss likes this.
  6. dstrauss

It just did it when my latest postpone updates date passed. I didn't force it - but I forced the loser out...

7. LROBBINS

LROBBINS Scribbler - Standard Member

Having had numerous bad experiences with Win updates, I always use Clonezilla to make an image of my drive before I allow any updates (ALL automatic updating is totally blocked in my machines - my daughter who is dependent on her computer in order to speak or do most anything else simply can't afford to have her programs fail). Then when I discover what was screwed up this time, I just re-write the SSD from the image.

dstrauss and efjay like this.
  8. dstrauss

I swore I had mine blocked too - but no way to permanently block anymore and if you don’t reset the timer they got you.

9. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

One way to prevent updates is to fill your C: drive so full that updates can't be downloaded to it --- that's what I've done on my Samsung Galaxy Book 12.

MobileTechReview and dstrauss like this.
  10. dstrauss

I'll be d****d - that may be what happened to me in reverse. A couple of weeks ago I had inadvertently duplicated a large file directory and was down to 5% of my ssd - spent the weekend rooting out duplicates and got it back to 40%, and then all of a sudden I'm on 2004 - I'll be d****d!

WillAdams likes this.