13"

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kurt corbin, Sep 30, 2019.

1. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Interesting that the surface book doesn't have the issue. Below is a way to set it within Windows 10 itself.. As to how much, you might have to experiment a bit. I'm usually cautious and would try adjusting in about 10-15% increments.

I don't think its a WifI 6 thing as the roku isn't and devices that use wifi 6 need a "handshake" with compatible devices to fully operate in that mode.

https://myrandomtechblog.com/cryptomining/change-mtu-size-in-windows-10/

lovelaptops likes this.
  2. gman713

gman713 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using the Microsoft wireless HDMI adapter that I bought about 5 years ago. It works pretty good with video and presentations.

lovelaptops likes this.
  3. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

@desertlap, you are awesome!

4. lovelaptops

Thanks! Was there a reason you are using it rather than your devices internal wireless capability?

5. gman713

gman713 Pen Pal - Newbie

One device was a 65" Samsung TV without any built in wireless and the other device was a projector at work with HDMI input. The MS wireless adapter worked perfectly in those situations without having to use a long cable.

6. lovelaptops

Thanks, makes perfect sense!

7. gman713

gman713 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know how to prevent the Bitlocker recovery screen from popping up every time I boot up with my egpu connected? I use an Aorus Gaming Box and once I enter my key, it lets me continue booting up, but then I get the Bitlocker screen again when I boot up when not connected to anything. It's kind of annoying.

8. lovelaptops

A little help, please. My 2020 Spectre x360 13 just updated its BIOS - ran through the whole process - but has been stuck for an hour on the lock screen with just the HP logo on the screen. I don't want to brick it by turning it off and on. Thoughts?

9. ikjadoon

ikjadoon Pen Pal - Newbie

This is, IIRC, a Microsoft / Secure Boot "feature", somewhat related to TB3's DMA access. There are a few hacky fixes, I think, and maybe in Dell's it can be disabled, but I'm not for certain on HP. I would Google around, as this seems to be a very common issue with TB3 devices (including docks).

Whoa: that's weird. Hours is much too long. Ideally, I might call HP while that screen is there & ask them to troubleshoot: they'll likely say to restart it, but at least you'll have them on the phone and they'll be able to walk through what's gone wrong. Hopefully, it's not a brick: that's crazy! These BIOS updates are offered through Windows Update, so they should be tested to a much higher level of quality.

Did you happen to catch if this was the newest F.14 BIOS? IIRC, that was released this week.

lovelaptops likes this.
  10. lovelaptops

Thanks so much. Sorry for the delayed reaction. I threw caution to the wind (have many other devices!) and re-booted and all was well. Yes, it was the F.14 BIOS, but strangely, I had previously downloaded it from the HP site. I don't recall ever before getting a BIOS update from Windows, particularly not such a "stop what you're doing and update your BIOS" type of message, with the HP BIOS update screen plastered on my display upon waking from sleep. Strange.

ikjadoon and Marty like this.