13"

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kurt corbin, Sep 30, 2019.

1. tcassidy

tcassidy Pen Pal - Newbie

I have only seen that on my Book2 when the Windows Hello Face is active. Did you remove that action in Sign-in options? Can't recall if the the Spectre had fingerprint but if it does that would have to removed too.

Terry

lovelaptops likes this.
  2. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Thanks Terry

3. ikjadoon

ikjadoon Pen Pal - Newbie

Small update to the browser bug on Ice Lake GPUs causing orange/yellow tinted playback. Intel confirmed 10 days ago they could reproduce the issue internally.

Today, HP/MS pushed out 26.20.100.7810 which no longer causes the orange/yellow tinting on Chrome/Edge Legacy/IE. Likewise, I believe this update also fixed the iGPU driver crashes (i.e., the flashing / glitchy screen) during Netflix UWP playback.

[​IMG]

lovelaptops likes this.
  4. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Awesome! Thank you, @ikjadoon. "Likes" aren't enough when people like you volunteer something so useful and timely. I can't remember what we use to give, but it was more special than just a like, more a kind of commendation. Consider this one. :newpalm:

ikjadoon likes this.
  5. gman713

gman713 Pen Pal - Newbie

I noticed every time I plug in the power adapter or my eGPU, my screen flashes black and then comes back. Also when I try to type something, the keys respond very slowly. However when I unplug the power, everything works like normal. Any ideas on what could be happening?

6. ikjadoon

Ah, no worries! I'm glad to share. It'd been on my mailing list schedule, so I wanted to make sure I followed up on my previous post here. I thought I was going crazy or Night Light had a video-specific bug. To many more bug-free days!

Is the power adapter directly plugged into the laptop when the screen flashes & the keys slow down? Or a type-C power passthrough? I had similar issues (flashing screen, slow keyboard) with a type-C HDMI adapter w/ type-C power passthrough, but never figured it out. I blamed it on the cheap adapter ($20, IIRC).

Unrelated, I had a slow keyboard issue yesterday out of the blue (this is 3-4 months after the type-C HDMI adapter above) and only fixed it by fiddling with the power settings (HP Command Center, from Recommended -> Performance -> Recommended). It was a bit weird, but it hasn't come back today.

7. gman713

gman713 Pen Pal - Newbie

It's the power adapter that came in the box and plugged into the corner thunderbolt port. After plugging it back in again, the screen went black however the keyboard seems normal now.

8. ikjadoon

That's definitely weird. I have not had that happen. So, the system (i.e., Windows 10 isn't crashing) is working, but the internal panel flickers when you plug in power.

Someone else might know what's going on, but I'd start the usual troubleshooting: uninstalling & reinstalling the iGPU driver, checking it's on the latest F.13 BIOS, checking the power settings, etc. I don't know why it's happening when you use the power adapter (or the eGPU). Because that isn't normal if you're only plugging in and removing the power adapter.

I wonder why the keyboard slows down, too.

9. gman713

gman713 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, that's exactly what happens. No crash or system issues except the screen goes black and comes back when removing or plugging in the power adapter that came in the box.

10. ikjadoon

Wack. There's definitely something weird there. I plug in my adapter and remove it every morning and it's never flickered. Another troubleshooting step might be trying another USB PD type-C power adapter, if you have one around (i.e., just pick a reputable one, as type-C quality can still be a hit or miss these days).