13.3" and 15" Envy X2 with... (drumroll) Synaptics!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Marty, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Sounds something like what jnjroarch has been saying.

2. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

The 612 G1 is now available for two weeks around the globe. Has someone already tested a version with the Wacom (Bamboo) Pen3?

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Found it! Or at least one of em. Also: gotta love that multi-quote opion.

thatcomicsguy and Bronsky like this.
  4. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I've found almost all ODMs don't specify the digitizer manufacturer in product announcements. This very thread is excellent example of how HP could have cleared up a lot of guesswork for potential buyers, but did not.

I suppose it's similar to how ODMs are content to just state "xxx GB SSD" without identifying model or interface type (m.2, msata, emmc)—even though it has huge impact on performance.

I think it's a stupid policy, but I don't think it's cause to suspect that someone is deliberately trying to hide the information.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  5. HuckleBoo

HuckleBoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, the Envy x2 13 will have a m.2 interface and the Envy x2 15 will have a 500GB sata hard disk from WD (WD5000M21k).

Btw, the Pen for the x2 13/15 will not require a battery. It's not mentioned anywhere in the user guide.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04463874.pdf

You will also find some nice pictures here:
    http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalciti...untry/disassembly_notebo_2014929234524605.pdf
    http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/productdata/Countries/_MultiCountry/disassembly_notebo_201498234528945.pdf

6. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Those disassembly guides are nice finds! I wish all manufacturers would make this kind of info available. It clears up confusion on components and it allows people who are out-of-warranty or travelling abroad to at least attempt a fix.

But sadly, I think these service manuals will remain a rarity for new tablets... :(

(Btw, your last link is hyperlinked incorrectly)

7. eaglestar

eaglestar Scribbler - Standard Member

Don't think so (for HP). There are official videos on how to replace guts in HP Pavilion X2 10", which is also very new.

8. victorb

victorb Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, looking through this thread and I'm just wondering if anyone has any information on release dates for US or North America for the 15" Envy?

I thought all the core M devices would release at once, but then the Yoga 3 came out and none of the others have released.

I want a device that is good for taking notes, but I hate the MS SP3s crappy keyboard cover.

I've been thinking about the Helix 2, or This. It seems the Dell Latitude 13 7000 is over priced for what it gives.

I've been waiting for a few months for this, and my old laptop is just getting to slow and onerous to deal with, but if nothing comes out soon, I'm going to just buy the SP3.

From the looks of it on this and the other threads for the Helix 2 and the 7000, it seems a bunch of people are in the same boat.

9. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

I wonder if I just made a huge mistake ordering a Duo 13 last week. Last time I read this thread, there was speculation that the digitizer on the upcoming Core M model would be Synaptics. There weren't any good impressions from people who sampled the the pen at trade shows...

If the display turns out to be Triluminous/SP3 level, with at least 75% adobe RGB, buyer's remorse is gonna hit me hard... :(

10. colorsdiary

colorsdiary Pen Pal - Newbie

Your point is sold, however I do disagree ..
    First of all, I see it more lappable since it doesn't produce heat at all, even if it does it won't be directly into your legs, though I question the stand will be disturbing and cutting to the skin ( watch Erica Griffin's surface pro 3 review ) something the stand of the vaio prototype solves greatly =)

Another thing, the keyboard cover for the envy 15" has the touchpad beside the keyboard in place of the number keys , anything below that is FOLDABLE ! Meaning a lot of the size can just go away !

Also, in the case of the flip 15 , the keyboard just vanishes in tablet mode but it's still there, it doesn't make sense ..
    I love the mechanism of the flip, and the fact that the keyboard gives solid real response and feel,
    but then again ... you can either have it all, or have none of it ..
    same goes with the surface pro 3 and why it sucks .. but you can just take it off , unlike the flip

In devices like the vaio tap 11 , the hp in our case, having a bluetooth keyboard is great !

First of all, in tablet mode you get rid of the whole thing if you want to !
    And you can still use shortcuts from it in tablet mode,

Watch this video for the vaio tap 11 , painting while having the keyboard in a comfortable position and actually useful at the 1:00 minute mark ~VAIO Tap11~:

( something surprisingly the surface pro sucks at or,
    needs extra BT keyboard that can't be attached as cover )
    Same for the flip, you can't really draw or use the screen unless the keyboard completely goes away ..

Now I understand the shortcomings in the design with having the weight on top ,
    this isn't a slippery small and thin squarish surface pro 3 , it's heavier , hopefully steadier.
    will that make any difference ? I'm not sure , but let's just wait and see ..

And finally, a design doesn't suit you isn't necessarily bad , it's just not for you . =)

I hope, but I don't think that these HPs will even come close to the screen quality of the duo 13's
    and by all means, the duo 13 isn't bad at all .. yet of course waiting would be more wise ..
    I hope things turn out good to you, and you find your best and most suitable option ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.