10240 / RTM

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jhoff80, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I can't remember where I read this (I don't think it was on this forum, not sure though - apologies if it's something one of you said), but something I saw the other day kind of stuck with me, and I can't unsee it.

The person mentioned how on Windows 8.1, you would perform a gesture, and what happened on the screen would follow your finger. The charms bar on the right side would pull in with your finger until it slid all the way out. Sliding in an app from the left side, the app would be stuck to your finger as you pulled it in. Swiping down from the top to drag to close, same thing. In Windows 10, you do the same actions and an animation plays. Swipe from the left, you see a zoom-out animation. Swipe from the top, same thing. Swipe from the right, and the action center slides in all the way, even if you just drag onto the screen a little. If you do the (useless, in my opinion) swipe up from the left menu in tablet mode to get to all apps, what's already visible fades out and then all apps fades in quickly. They mentioned that it leads to a very unnatural experience because it doesn't quite have the effect that you would expect.

But yeah, ever since I read it, I can't help but notice it every single time now, and whoever said that totally nailed it in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.