Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jhoff80, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Interesting. For me, build 10162 seems pretty good. I've installed it on my main desktop PC, and haven't regretted it. Only Edge is tempermental (or perhaps simply mental). It hangs far too frequently for my liking. I've also got 10162 installed on two other devices (a laptop and a tablet; both Lenovo). It seems pretty stable there too.

2. chevypad

chevypad Pen Pal - Newbie

I normally just use native apps I've found, I'm not sure why. But Windows 8-designed apps are funky in the current build. Tapatalk just won't open on my device, it loads the splash screen and crashes.

Others, like the trio of misfit MSN apps (travel, health, food - why are their updates lagging behind?) seem to "zoom out" a level and has either too small buttons or too small font. The apps treat the screen like it has a much higher resolution, but this didn't happen in W8.1. For example, the MSN Health app has a column buttons immediately to the right of the hero image, and normally, they are sized such that the column fills the screen. But there's a significant gap between the bottom of the column and the bottom of the screen.
    Another app I use looks like it is given an absurd amount of white space at the bottom of it's home menu. Also, this app has 4 font sizes built in for reading, but only "large" is sufficient to read - I think I used Medium before. Small is simply ridiculous in W10.

I just opened Nextgen Reader, and everything I just wrote is ridiculously true on my DV8P. The interface is so so tiny.

Having played with the "size of text, apps, and other items" setting for a moment, it seems that all of the new apps are programmed to look more like these old apps, if this setting was put at 100%. But default has it set at 125%, so they look reasonable - but the old apps don't respect that command. But this wasn't a problem on W8?

3. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I also am having major Bluetooth issues now. It worked properly at the beginning, but after I turned on airplane mode (and then off again obviously) at some point this past weekend... it hasn't worked properly again since then.

4. chevypad

chevypad Pen Pal - Newbie

Even after a restart? On 130 I had to reboot a few times, my wifi driver wouldn't turn back on after being turned off, but reboots fixed.

5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Anyone know if they plan on adding the tracking protection lists (IE's built in adblock) from IE to Edge?

6. jhoff80

I don't believe they are. Edge will eventually have extension support, but most likely not until fall.

Mesosphere likes this.
  7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

In other words, I won't be using Edge until fall.

Mikerman and JoeS like this.
  8. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Did they change something concerning pen usage compared to windows 8 ?

9. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

;)

10. jhoff80

The TIP is entirely different. It doesn't convert your handwriting to text in the TIP, it leaves it in handwriting and gives you autocorrect suggestions. That also (in my experience) means you need to write a word, then tap the correct version, then write another word, then tap the correct version. My experience at trying to write it all down and then correct later (like I could do on 8) has been that it never works right.

On the plus side, it does pop up automatically right beneath your hand when you tap on a text field, but the negative is that it's a huge downgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.