Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jhoff80, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Apparently over 300 fixes, and the big change is that they're including the new default wallpaper. Not only is this new wallpaper hideously gaudy, they are now making it the login background as well. At least users can change from the default wallpaper. Everyone is stuck with this garbage login screen; there's no way to change it.

Windows 8 had no image there (best option), but at least Windows 7 had a subtle gradient/image. This just looks terrible now (example image from Neowin):

screen_shot_2015-06-30_at_7.26.44_pm_story.jpg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  2. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Funny, I don't have that. Mine is just blue.
    Maybe it only get's installed on machines where the user complains to much. Kidding

doobiedoobiedum and jhoff80 like this.
  3. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Running 10159 on both my SP3 and S3, running well.

4. arlenan

arlenan Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally got this last night and so far so good. Still waiting to be able to change the default search engine.

5. GiGo

GiGo Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm just waiting for 159 to install, was greeted with 158 this morning installing when I arrived at work, had to wait while it installed!

6. chevypad

chevypad Pen Pal - Newbie

And now 162. Jeez.

7. jhoff80

It's rumored that we might see a release candidate build this week, and there's also a separate rumor that it'll hit 'RTM' on Thursday. Considering the major issues I'm still seeing on 10162, good luck to them with that (I think 10162 actually feels less stable for me than 10158 did).

8. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

yea 10162 doesnt feel that stable to me either....

9. chevypad

chevypad Pen Pal - Newbie

What gaffes do you run into? I haven't had many crashes at all? Music even plays in the background. Action center still missing its quick buttons half the time, but that's not new to this build. Battery drain is back to an ok 6%/16h. Edge isn't constantly closing on me, nor is mail (just trying to brainstorm bugs I have had).

10. jhoff80

Some of the most frequent ones I'm seeing include swiping in to see an Action Center that is missing all the buttons, and a constant repeated crash of Host Process for Windows. Plus, the store isn't reliable at the moment (there's a bunch of apps that won't install for me, including Skype Translator, Project Spark, and Leo's Fortune), and app launching isn't always reliable. Ive seen "this app has a problem, please reinstall" many times for various apps... Except if I launch the same app 20 seconds later without doing anything, it works. That's of course excepting the People app, which constantly gives that message and never works, and Phone Companion... Which it seems like some people are able to open but it constantly crashes on me.

Plus, yet again my Surface no longer stays asleep when I put it in sleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.