10147 Leak

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jhoff80, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

So 10147 leaked. They've added a small "all apps" and power button right to the start screen.

One thing that's interesting for those of us non Surface 3 / Surface Pro 3 users is that they added a "Note" link to Action Center. Doesn't work with desktop OneNote yet that I can see, but works with the app version.

Portrait still looks terrible too.

It does feel a little more stable, which is nice considering there's a little over a month left. It looks like maybe this won't be completely terrible for the people I know who use laptops or desktops. No changes to tablet mode that I can see.... except the setting to always stay in tablet mode doesn't appear to be working for me now.

Edit: Actually if I use the notification for the tablet mode setting instead of the settings app, that looks to have maybe done the trick.

Edit 2: Snap appears to be fixed at least. It still does things that annoy me (like I can't easily swap out just a single window there), but it's not completely broken anymore like it was in past builds (apps wouldn't reflow properly when in their narrowest views before). And for the Windows 8(.1) app commands, a swipe from the top reveals them immediately. A second swipe from the top reveals the title bar, menu button in the left, full screen, and close buttons in the right... and then you need to tap the menu button for the app's settings or to share.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Mesosphere likes this.
  2. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Also, the Bitlocker bug where it wouldn't save your recovery key to OneDrive is fixed, as is the DPI adjustment thing where if you put your screen at a non-default DPI (I choose 125%), then rotate to portrait, then back to landscape, the start screen wouldn't show the right DPI before. And my Bluetooth headset is working.

It's looking like this might actually have a chance of turning out decently for non-tablet users. I was very, very skeptical before this build. I wouldn't say I'm completely convinced as there's a lot of work for them to do there as well (and I long ago gave up hope of tablet mode satisfying me), but it's much closer than the last builds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.